Friday, November 24, 2017

Better than average

Yesterday, the tidbit of info on the back of my Dave Barry daily calendar page was that the average person consumes about 4,500 calories on Thanksgiving.  It didn't specify whether that was for the whole day or just the big meal, but I'm sure I am better than average because this morning I must sadly report that I have gained 6.8 pounds since Wednesday morning.  Actually, I was one up yesterday morning, so I guess I only gained 5.8 for yesterday; however, that does NOT make me happier.  I weigh 266.3 this morning.  RIDICULOUS!

I have no one to blame but myself.  I know I was putting more on my plate at dinner last night than anyone else.  In fact, of the four of us at the table, I didn't notice anyone else other than me taking seconds.  Our menu was turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, homemade rolls with margarine, and for dessert, apple pie and pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips.  During the day, I ate pumpkin pie for breakfast AND lunch.  Then when we came home from the Westen's house around 9:15, I ate one-quarter of the apple pie, which was the entire piece he wrapped for us to bring home, AND I ate ALL of the rest of the bag of chocolate chips, which was about half a cup or more at least.  Those were the two things that were the absolute WORST things I did because eating at dinner, even taking seconds, is not as bad as just out-of-control bingeing at night on things that I KNOW are bad for me.

Now, not only am I up 6.3 pounds but I also got a 129 blood sugar reading because the pie and chocolate chips right before bed are going to do that to anybody.  Again, RIDICULOUS.

In all of this madness, there is one good thing. At least I was able to sleep all night in the bed!  That's a sure sign that I'm almost fully recovered from Tuesday's fall.

I WILL log all my calories today.  I WILL monitor what I'm eating.  I WILL do my back exercises both morning and evening.  I WILL drink all 8 glasses of water today. I am hoping some of those extra pounds are just water retention and will leave before we get on the Carnival Splendor Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment