Saturday, November 4, 2017

They're GONE.

YAY!  My vocal nodes are gone!  To celebrate last night I had a whiskey on the rocks for Happy Hour and a small glass of Bartenura Moscato at dinner.  I also sang along with Mark on the prayers before and after the Shabbat meal.  I haven't done those things since August 10.

I tried to sing a little yesterday, and it sure feels rusty.  The doctor said it will take awhile for the singing to feel normal again. It's like a muscle that hasn't been used for awhile and is stiff and weak.  We are going to the synagogue this morning, and I'm going to sing the prayers, also for the first time since August 10.

This evening we are joining Susie and Ed to go to the Orlando Science Center for the first film in the Jewish Film Festival.

We have also decided to skip the Food and Wine Festival both Sunday and Monday, which will help my weight a lot.  This morning I was down to 65.6, so that's a good start.  By eating all my meals at home yesterday, today, and also tomorrow, I should make some progress.  I also took a 22 minute walk in the neighborhood yesterday.  Monday we are eating dinner at the Enzian Theater for a double feature of films that are part of this year's Jewish Film Festival.  There's no getting out of that one. After Monday, I will have another five straight days of all my meals at home.  I expect to get back in to the 250s by then.

Sunday Mark decided he'd rather go see the new Thor movie than Epcot.  Monday we now have to go to the car Title and Tags office.  Somehow Mark is driving on a license plate that says March 2016.  He has no idea how or why he did not register his car, but now he has skipped two Marches because the tag should say 2018.  He is beside himself, so we will go  Monday as soon as I get back from the orthopedist visit.  We are pretty sure it's going to cost over $300 because there are going to be penalties and fines for not having kept up to date on his registration.

For at leat a year and a half, no police in either Florida or all over the northeast and Maryland has noticed that he's out of date.  I guess he's been lucky!

Monday we are also having our house and pavers power washed.  It's been quite awhile, so I'll be happy to have it done.  Unfortunately, I think he's charging me twice as much as he did last time.  Oh, well....next time I'll call someone else.  In 2019 the whole house has to be painted again!

No comments:

Post a Comment