Saturday, November 25, 2017

More weight

I was supposed to eat right yesterday, but I did not.  I had turkey with gravy and stuffing for lunch, which I had no idea how to calculate.  Breakfast and dinner were fine, but then I ate 1/3 of the pumpkin pie for a bedtime snack.  I never left the house, although I did do some of my back exercises both morning and night.

The result is that this morning I weigh 267.9, up another 1.6 pounds yesterday.  Now I weigh essentially the same as I did on September 22.  I spent two months losing 8 pounds and two days putting them back. The story of my life!

Tomorrow there will not be a blog because we will leave at 7 a.m. for Miami in order to board the Carnival Splendor for a 7 night cruise to Belize, Cozumel, Mahogany Bay, and Grand Cayman with two sea days.  I am very happy to go on this cruise, but I am also worried about the weight.  I just gained 8 pounds in 2 days, so now I'm a little worried about how 7 days on a cruise ship will go.

Usually I gain a pound or more per day on a cruise, which is average for all cruisers.  Last January when we started our six cruises in three months, I weighed 279 getting on the first cruise and 295 getting off the sixth cruise.  That was a 16 pound gain during those months.  I was quite unsuccessful in losing much of that weight for quite some time.  This is just one cruise, but I'm already up, so this does concern me.  Intellectually, I do know what I need to do to keep from gaining on the ship.  It should be easy: exercise and eat right.  LOL  So easy to type.  So hard to do.

We are going to the synagogue today because Mark is reading the Haftarah again today.  When we get home, we will pack for the cruise.  We already bought the wi-fi package, so I should be able to do email and Facebook.  If I can write and post a blog during the cruise, I will.  I never know if I the wi-fi is strong enough for that or if we will take the time to do it.

I hope everybody has another nice day.  The Thanksgiving holiday weekend is ending for some folks today in order to get home before the big rush tomorrow. Others will have to travel tomorrow, and still others, like me and Mark, didn't go anywhere at all.  I wish you safe travels if you are traveling today or tomorrow, and I hope you had a wonderful visit with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment