Thursday, November 16, 2017

Heading south

In just a few minutes we will be heading down to Boynton Beach to have dinner with Dave and Evey H. and Ralph and Phyllis M.  After dinner we are going to Ralph's synagogue to hear him and Dave speak about their book Kindertransport.  Dinner is at a Greek restaurant.  I have no idea how those calories will go.

We will eat lunch at a Subway on the way down there and breakfast in the hotel before heading out early tomorrow to make it back to Solivita for a Chef's Talk about cheese.  That's at noon, and eating the cheese will be our lunch tomorrow.

This morning I was either up one pound or stayed the same, depending on which time I got on the scale.  LOL  I actually forgot to test my sugar this morning, and I don't have a calorie count for yesterday because of the diner out.  The show last night, Come Blow Your Horn, was a lot of fun, very funny and very well acted by our friends.  We even ended up at table with friends Larry and Marilyn, whom we had just seen out at dinner the day before.  What are the odds?

Mark and I had a great piece of fish that we thought was Mahi Mahi.  We knew that it would be delivered to the table because it was a special order.  Everyone else had a chicken breast at the buffet. So when our table was called, we went and got our salad, broccoli, roasted potatoes, roll, and butter and went back to the table expecting to find just fish on another plate.  That's how it went before, but this time the plate was also filled with broccoli and potatoes!  Mark was smart and did not eat the other pile of potatoes and only took half a roll.  Of course, I ate everything plus the key lime cheesecake for dessert during intermission.  So....I was happy to be up only one pound, relieved it wasn't two or three pounds, and thrilled when later it seemed I had stayed the same.  Crazy.

I am not packing my scale for this one night trip, so I won't check my weight again until Saturday morning.  I will probably not write a blog again until Saturday or Sunday either.

No comments:

Post a Comment