Sunday, November 19, 2017

Hello again. It's been awhile.

We have been having a lot of fun since I last wrote a blog.  Here are some of the things that happened.

The book talk Thursday night in Boynton Beach was fabulous.  It was really a lot of fun seeing our friends, the Herschlers and the Mollericks.  The restaurant, Andros, was unbelievable.  Every entree was a complete meal with soup, salad, entree, dessert, and coffee.  So, of course, that was a lot more calories than I expected.  I had vegetarian veggie soup that was amazing, an Andros Caesar Salad that included tomatoes, eggplant parm Andros style which came with spinach and steamed zucchini and carrots, and a small sized cappuccino mousse for the dessert.  Absolutely delicious!

Friday we were able to get back to Solivita just in time for the Chef's Cheese Talk.  Wow.  Also an excellent event for a reasonable price.  We all got one glass of complimentary wine, so I had a moscato.  There were 10 cheeses with fruit and crackers to taste.  We also received lots of pages of info on those cheeses as well as wine pairings for all kinds of cheese, fun facts about cheese, as well as cutting and storage tips.  So much fun.

We rushed from there to the library where I was filling in for the usual librarian who was on vacation.  I had lots of customers, so the time went quickly.  The president of the library came in, and I sort of volunteered to work on Fridays all the time again if the current guy wants to quit.  I hope I'm not sorry about that later!

Yesterday we went to shul and then to The Exterminating Angel, the current Live from the Met production at the Disney Springs AMC theaters.  We were thrilled to learn that this is the history-making opera where the coloratura is asked to sing an A above high C.  That has NEVER been done, and she did it twice, along with many high Es and Fs.  What an unbelievable voice!  The opera was astounding!

Today we are doing a double feature at Disney Springs: Daddy's Home 2 and Justice League. In between we are eating a packed lunch in the car, which is the same thing we did yesterday between shul and the opera.  Dinner will be with Barb and Al at House of Blues.  I'm hoping the meal can be reasonable there.  We have eaten there two or three times before, and I think it can be okay.

Tomorrow we finally are going to get Mark's car back after a week and a half, and they found nothing wrong.  Mark is frustrated, but we will pick it up anyway.  All my meals tomorrow and Tuesday will be at home, so that's good.

After all the meals out, I gained three pounds, but this morning I'm down four!  I weighed 257.8 this morning, which is so very close to my next mini-goal of 255, my weight at Lowell's wedding in 2014.

Finally, I bought SEVEN tickets for Frozen on Broadway for Mother's Day!  Evey and Eric are going to be on the East Coast for a wedding in northern NJ.  Mark and I are going to be in Maryland, so we are bringing Lowell up with us to NJ where we will meet up with Evey, Eric, Eric's mom Leslie, and her mom Dotty.  It was almost unbelievable that we were able to get tickets for that matinee performance at a somewhat reasonable price, albeit in the last row of the upper balcony.  LOL!  Then we'll all have dinner at a restaurant in Manhattan near the theater.  Leslie knows the area well and will set it all  up. I wanted to keep it as a surprise for Evey as her birthday present in April, but that just didn't work out, so we told her last night.  She was still surprised!

Here are a few pictures from the book talk.

Dr. David Herschler, retired historian from the  State Department,  wrote the book on the life of Ralph Mollerick.


Ralph was a captivating speaker.


They took questions at the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment