Thursday, November 9, 2017

Shoulder Doctor UPDATE POSTED

Yesterday was great.  I stayed home all day doing a ton of chores!  I also had time to read part of a chapter in Hamilton and even worked my new jigsaw puzzle for awhile.  Mostly I worked on preparing music and folders on the two different choirs that I direct.  I had to make lots of copies of things and email back and forth a lot with the Cove Singers accompanist.  That choir work took nearly four hours!  Just like being at work, only I enjoyed it more.  LOL

Mark used my car all day for his errands and teaching his student in the afternoon.  Then we had synagogue choir rehearsal last night, which went well.

We found out last night that the synagogue will not let us do a Synagogue Cruise as a fund raiser.  They are concerned about it since we will be hiring a new rabbi who will start in the summer but the cruise is not until 2019.  Whatever....the choir can all join me and Mark on the cruise anyway.  We just can't use the SOJC logo or advertise it through their media.

The cruise is a four night one out of Tampa on Royal Caribbean's Brilliance of the Seas.  Mark and I have never been on a Royal Caribbean, but our friend Evey Herschler once said it was her favorite ship of all time.  We already booked an inside cabin, so if anybody joins us that's fine.  I sent an informative email to everyone in the SOJC choir last night.  It's leaves Thursday, January 17 of 2019 and returns Monday January 21.  It has four nights, but only one port, Cozumel.  There are two and a half sea days.  Should be fun.  Anyone can call my travel agent, Marcy Brown at Zenith Travel in Maitland, FL and book a room.  She has already put all kinds of rooms on hold for as long as we need.  If you are reading this and want to go on this trip, just call her, but mention that you are part of my "group."  I'm sure if you mention my name, she'll know what you mean.  I'm going to call her later today after the shoulder doc appointment to tell her that we can't call it a synagogue group.

I'll post doctor results about the shoulder as an update to this post when we get back.

I'm back from the shoulder doctor.  He took several X-rays which showed that I have arthritis in both of the shoulder bones, near the ball and the socket, as well as arthritis on the clavicle.  I am not complaining of the clavicle, but it's there anyway.  He said that I had a choice.  I could get a cortisone injection today and give it a week then come back.  If it didn't help, he'd send me for an MRI.  Or I could get an MRI first, come back, and if it showed a rotator cuff tear, then we'd talk about options. If it didn't show a tear, then I'll get the injection.  I opted for the second choice because I honestly don't think it's the arthritis I'm feeling.  Because I've been on Prednisone three times since August 10, and on muscle relaxers and pain pills since October 5 or 6 when I went to the ER for my back, I don't really think it's just arthritis.  Those things took care of my back problem and vocal nodes just fine, but they haven't touched the shoulder pain.  He agreed, he said.  So I'm waiting to be contacted by Celebration Hospital for the MRI. Then I'll go see him again for the results.  I think that is exactly the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment