Friday, September 24, 2010

An easy day

I'm going to have an easy day today, but a weird one in one way. Mark left me this morning.

Did that make you sit up and take notice? Did you say, "WHAT?? Did I read that right?"

Well, it would be fun to make up a story now about how for years we haven't gotten along, and now that he finally left, I can relax, and it will be an easy day. Ha ha ha ha!! If you know the two of us, you already KNOW that's not true!!

The truth is he went to shul this morning, and I didn't. So, yes, he left me this morning. And when we were hugging and saying good-bye, I realized that this is probably the first time since March, when we took off on our big vacation, that we have been apart for this many hours in one day. Wow! Do you think we can survive? Yes, I think we will, but I must admit it was weird to say good-bye and think that I won't see him again until around 3:30 or so this afternoon.

On the other hand, I'm going to have a friend arrive about 11:30 this morning to have conversation and lunch. It's not like I'm going to sit here being miserable all by myself all day. I think it will be a nice, easy day.

More good news this morning: I have lost almost all the weight from the surgery. Of course, it's just water weight from fluid retention and the fluids they pump into you during the surgery. Still it's annoying. I had hit 232 on that horrible day when my ankles looked like they had swallowed softballs. I was 221 when I walked out last Thursday to go to the hospital. This morning I was 221.4. I am very thankful for that. I'm back on track. I'm not feeling binge-y and out of control. Maybe that's also related to feeling more in control of my body. The surgery is over and some worry about the pathology is over. It's so much easier to stay in control and to feel in control when you actually ARE in control! I am now in control of my healing, my weight loss, my lymphedema risk, my future. I feel good about all of that. It's going to be a nice, easy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment