Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Drivin' down the highway.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. I know I must have said that before, but that's how getting my blood drawn this morning was. I had an actual appointment at LabCorp, something I never did before. I didn't even KNOW you could do that. Wow! I also went to a different one than I usually do. No waiting and the lady slipped that needle in without even a pinch. I love it when it works like that. I also got a Garfield band-aid and a Nemo sticker for being brave. Aren't you all jealous?

Our drive to Savannah, GA was also EPLS!! There was no traffic and perfect weather. The 600 miles from the LabCorp in Laurel took 10 and 1/2 hours. Not bad at all.

The best part was USA Today. I feel compelled to share some of the state stories we read today, starting with the BEST one. The Phantom of the Fox! I know you're intrigued.

Atlanta, GA says Joe Patten, 83, has lived rent-free at the Fox Theater since the late 1970s. I say not a bad gig if you can get it. He is now having health problems, but the board has decided to let him keep living there until he needs round the clock care. They actually do call him the Phantom of the Fox. Of course, the implication is they are booting his butt out when he gets too needy. Hm..

Also be careful in Fairbanks, Alaska. The Fairbanks Shakespeare Theater board of directors asked the artistic director to take a pay cut to only 12k. He counter-offered and asked for 15k. So they FIRED him instead.

In Denver, CO there will be a protest against offering citizenship rights to fetuses. Hm...Do you think any fetuses will show up to protest the loss of their rights?

And finally in Carson City, NV there was a story about James Van Winkle, Rip's lesser known younger brother, that was a real snoozer.

See, USA Today CAN be fun!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to find someone like that lady to draw my blood - my veins look great, but roll over and play dead as soon as someone tries to draw blood or put in an IV. Glad your pre-op visit went well. Now you can have a nice holiday weekend at home. Looking forward to seeing you on Rosh HaShana.

    Love,
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete