Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fishy day

I weighed in at 221 this morning. That's kind of encouraging. I might even take that last pound off in the next two days and hit 220 for the morning of surgery on Thursday, same as the surgery in November.

I had fish twice yesterday: salmon salad at Rip's in Bowie for lunch, baked cod with string beans and baked potato at M&S Grill at the Inner Harbor with Lowell for dinner. It was a very fishy day.

We got all of our errands done, but it was a long day. We got to Cindy's about 9:30 p.m. and got to bed about midnight. Long day.

This morning I have to go have blood drawn for a cholesterol check. With my brain consumed by breast cancer thoughts and appointments, it amuses me that the primary care doctor reminded me that my Lipitor is up for renewal and she hasn't checked the cholesterol in a long time. That seems like such a mundane thing right now. So I'm typing this wishing I had a cup of coffee, but it's about time to head out to Lab Corp and then we'll have some breakfast at Subway.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,

    Thanks for keeping us all updated with this wonderful blog. Maybe this can be a book at some point, and you will be famous for your witty and wry observations!
    You looked and sounded great when I saw you at MT. You have been an inspiration with your fantastic weight loss, and you honest comments about your struggles.
    I also appreciated all the years that you led the choir so beautifully.
    I always felt so inspired at the holidays when I heard the choir sing. My Dad sang in the choir at Beth Torah for many years, and hearing the MT choir helped fill the void.
    I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers on Thursday, as will so many of your friends and family.
    May you and your family enjoy a very Healthy and Happy New Year!

    Love, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky,
    I just wanted to let you know that you will be in my prayers as you go through your surgery on Thursday. I will be happy to see the blog from your husband that says you are doing well. Thank you for posting your blog address on the cancer care website.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melanie and Rhonda,
    Thanks for these wonderful comments. I love going to my blog in the morning and finding a comment. It's like a little present waiting for me! I truly appreciate your kind words, thoughts, and prayers.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete