Thursday, September 23, 2010

Shul and Surgeon....hm...

Doesn't have quite the ring to it that "shul and pool" does!

Today is the first day of Succoth. Last night, Mark made a delicious spaghetti dinner for all of us. We lit candles, did kiddush, ate...all indoors. What is wrong with that picture? NO SUCCAH. This is the first year in literally over three DECADES that Mark did not build a succah. A really ironic thing is that the walls and the roof of our succah are actually out in my sister's garage. The hardware to put the succah together and the lights are in the garage in Florida. The poles for the framework, somehow, didn't get moved. We speculate the landscapers thought they were trash and threw them out back in April in a yard clean-up.

Mark and I will be going to shul pretty soon. It's my first trip out in a car since last Friday when I came home from the hospital. I'm pretty excited about that. After shul, we have the appointment with the surgeon. I'm excited about that, also, but there's a certain amount of apprehension as well. I'm excited to get all the bandages off and maybe get the drain taken out, but I'm nervous about what the pathology report will say. The appointment is at 3 p.m., so I will post a blog about it later tonight. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment