Sunday, September 5, 2010

Leaving Comments. How to do it.

Just so you know, "shul and pool" was EXCELLENT yesterday. The weather couldn't have cooperated more. The pool was very crowded because of the holiday, but we found plenty of room to float around. We also napped on the chaise for about 2 hours. In the shade!! Don't worry about sunburn.

I also lost my phone for most of the day because on the way to the synagogue in the morning it had slipped out of my purse in the trunk of the car. It was after 10 p.m. before we found it, but by then I had missed two phone calls from a friend back in Maryland. She has just done the most amazing thing! She recently started reading this blog, so she started at the beginning and has worked her way up. I find that incredible and also incredibly touching that she cared that much to do that.

Her phone call was about how to post a comment. Any of you who are reading this blog regularly KNOW that most of you who have commented have had to ask me how to do it!! It clearly is not intuitive, and I have sent individual emails to many people with instructions.

So...today I decided to post those instructions right here on the blog. Why not? Maybe it will help someone in the future.

I got Mark to go through this exercise with me to be sure the instructions are worded clearly and actually do work. He posted a little something as a test, which I deleted. So when you see "This post has been removed by the blog administrator," you'll know that's where I deleted Mark's test message. I have actually done that twice to spam comments. I don't know why anyone would take the time to spam comment a blog like mine, but it has happened twice. As the writer of the blog, I do have the power to delete a comment! Thank goodness.

So here are the steps to posting a comment:
1. At the bottom of each day's post, it says posted by Reby S at the time of day 0 comments, or 2 comments or whatever.
2. Click on the word "comments".
3. That will bring up a box for you to type your comment in. Go ahead and type your message.
4. At the bottom of the box it says "Comment as: select profile". This is the confusing part.
5. Click on the drop down menu and select one of the bottom two choices in the list.
6. If you pick Name/URL, it will bring up a box that says Edit Profile. Type your first name in the name box and ignore the URL box, then click continue.
7. If you pick Anonymous, you can just go on, but please sign your name in the body of the text of your comment so I know who wrote it...if you want me to know. Ha Ha, otherwise you really can be anonymous.
8. Then click post comment. It will bring up a box of random letters, numbers, or words for you to type into a box. This is a security feature of the blog to prevent spamming, apparently not well enough, but go ahead and type those characters anyway.
9. Then click post again and it should be there for me to see!!

I know this seems like a lot of steps, but it really doesn't take long once you get the hang of it. I hope you do write comments because I really love them!! Let me know if this works by sending a comment on the blog. If I see you can write something then I'll know this worked.

Meanwhile today is going to be a Disney day!! We are going to Downtown Disney in about an hour to see the movie Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and then into Magic Kingdom. Mark read that they added speakers on the tracks for a soundtrack (instead of speakers in the car) inside of Space Mountain. Since this is new, he wants to do it before we leave. It just opened August 30, so he is excited. Having the ability to run over to try the new thing without have to spend a whole long day in the park is one of the reasons Mark wanted to move here. Today is one of his dreams come true.

I haven't ridden Space Mountain, or any roller coaster, in a very long time because I have not fit into the car. I used to like them back when the kids were younger and I was smaller. As I gained weight, it just got impossible to get in the little car and buckle the restraints, so I stopped. I would sit out on a bench while Mark and the kids got on line. I didn't really miss them, but today I'm actually considering doing it. I think I will fit today. I'm 219 this morning (sad, since it's up 2 pounds from the other day), so I think I will fit. Hm..I guess I'll let you know tomorrow if I got up the nerve to try and how that went.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoying the Labor Day weekend here. My brother's blog does not let you post coments by name so I so not know how to do his.

    Fun at Wendy's yesterday playing Mahj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do miss playing Mahj with all of you. Since we are in Solivita so little, there has been no time to find the Mahj group here. They meet Tuesday afternoons and Saturday mornings. So far we haven't been available on those times. Maybe in the winter when we're staying here permanently. I hope you won a few games!

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to the Center for Disease Control, "Aside from non-melanoma skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in women. Breast cancer is the number one cause of cancer death in Hispanic women. It is the second most common cause of cancer death in white, black, Asian/Pacific Islander, and American Indian/Alaska Native women." Nearly 200,000 new cases of breast cancer will be reported this year. Breast cancer affects 1 in 8 women and results in 500,000 deaths every year. The more developed the country, the greater the incidence of breast cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. colorectal surgery Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete