Friday, September 3, 2010

This and That


It's Friday morning, a beautiful day on the lanai. I wish all of you were here, too. Hm...I guess it would be a little crowded back here on the lanai if ALL of you were here at the same time. Maybe a few at a time! LOL There are 7 chairs out here, so if there are more than that someone has to stand up. Oh what the heck, I'll just drag out some more chairs!

I'm looking forward to next spring/summer when we anticipate hosting guests here in the new house. You'll be amazed at how nice it is on the lanai around 7 to 8 a.m. The grass is glistening with dew; the sun is coming up just off to the right; occasionally a bird flies over. Hot coffee, a laptop on the table, and the sounds of birds chirping in the trees make a peaceful start to any day.

Mark is going to do a ton of errands and chores outside of the house today while I work on unloading more boxes. I sort of made a mess in the guest room last time by covering up the bed with photo albums and pictures as I discovered them in other boxes, not to mention the four or five extra boxes I tossed in there as well. Today I plan to load up the white bookshelves in there, which should clear the bed and empty another four boxes. After that, there are two brown bookshelves in the hall that will get filled up. Boom, just like that another two boxes are gone!

In addition to all that, we will go to The Palms for weight lifting and The Riviera for the track. I expect to have a healthy day today with exercise and healthy eating.

I'm actually down to 217 this morning. Ssh...don't tell Mark I got on the scale on a Friday morning. LOL Sorry, couldn't resist! At dinner at The Lakeside Restaurant (the one that gives you free wine on Thursday), I had pan-seared grouper, a plain baked potato, and cauliflower au gratin plus the wine. We sent the bread basket away untouched. Oo...that is so hard to do!! I was proud of myself for that one.

Obviously 217 is not a great number for me; well, actually it's still a LOT better than 322. Right? LOL!! I mean it's not the best I have done LATELY. 208 is still my lowest since the whole weight loss journey began in 2009. It's just the best I've done in the past few months, but I'll take it. There is no reason why today will not be a well-balanced day since I'll be eating all three meals at home. Although Mark has not yet planned the menus for these four days at home, I'm sure he'll be making an excellent, low-carb, low-calorie Shabbat dinner tonight. As long as I stay on track for breakfast and lunch with the right sort of afternoon and late night snacks, I'll have a wonderfully healthy day.

Tomorrow will be the usual. My regular readers know that means shul and pool! I bet it's finally crowded at the pool tomorrow since it will be Labor Day Weekend. Last week almost no one was in the pool. I'll let you know. I hope all of you have fabulous Labor Day Weekends. My Maryland friends don't even have to worry about Hurricane Earl after all. It looks like it is already going to be far to the north by tomorrow. So enjoy the weekend, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment