Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Heading North, again.

Got up at 5:50 a.m. because it seemed like there were just so many chores to get done this morning and still make it out the door by 10 a.m. Whew! Getting the house ready to sit for two and a half months is a lot different than just going away for a few days. We actually have hired a person who checks houses every five days as a paid service. He only charges $25 a month, which I think is amazing. He will do a lot of things to keep the house in working order like flushing toilets, running the water, checking for leaks, watering the plants, and generally being sure the house is secure. It is a great service and provides a real peace of mind.

It's Tuesday, so that's the official weigh-in day. I'm still in the same range that I've been for awhile, 219.5. I guess I'm doing a good job on maintenance, if you want to look at it that way. It would have been better if I could have lost 10 pounds before the surgery, but I realize that will not happen now. First, there is only one week and two days left before that day. Second, four of those days involve Jewish holidays or other social events that will involve eating. I am hoping to maintain at this point through the next week, so that I face the surgery weighing no more than 220. That's what I weighed last November 2 when I went in for the hernia operation.

I sure never expected to have another major surgery in less than a year! Sheesh!

We'll be in the EconoLodge in Florence, SC tonight. It was a pretty nice place, low price but great free breakfast, good location, usual amenities. That's about 450 miles from here, leaving about the same amount to drive on Wednesday to Silver Spring, MD. Wednesday night is the start of the High Holiday season. I wish everyone a sweet new year.

3 comments:

  1. Becky,
    You know, you will be alright! Just try to do your best in the eating thing. No-one walks in your shoes and it is tough for you right now. You will make the right choices in the long run. You are grounded and I believe that.
    Jan
    P.S. I guess all people get intense when they first discover your site but I will try not to be your muse, your mentor, your best friend, etc. in the future! LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, you can be all of those things and more any time you want. I love it! I love the advice and the encouragement and the love. Don't stop!! See you soon at MT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky,

    Haven't check your blog in a while. Boy have you been busy! The photos of your new abode look idyllic. It will be a treat for everyone at MT to see you and Mark. And, to get to give you our best wishes for a complete recovery in person. I helped set up the chairs and put out the mahzorim on Monday so everything is ready for you guys.

    ReplyDelete