Monday, September 13, 2010

Heading north to Baltimore

We are saying goodbye to Sara and Jeff today. They have allowed us to live in their house for five nights during the High Holidays, and it was wonderful. The four of us really enjoyed each other's company. Communal living at its finest! Bye Bye Jeff and Sara. Thanks for everything.

I feel much happier this morning. I slept well last night, so I'm much more rested and ready to face the day.

Yesterday turned out pretty well. I had a blast picking up my friend Denise at the metro. Because it was still drizzly, we just went back to Sara and Jeff's house for coffee and good talk. Denise is a world traveler and recently returned from Machu Pichu. It was fun hearing her stories and seeing her pictures. In December she will be heading to Bangkok. She's amazing. Her daughter is getting married next summer, so we shared mom-of-the-bride wedding plans, of course. The kosher Chinese dinner did not disappoint, and then I drove her back to her brother's house in Annapolis. On the long drive from Rockville to Annapolis, Denise and I talked about how much we both love ice cream. Hm...there are some great ice cream parlors on Main Street in downtown Annapolis. We went to Kilwin's and had a delicious treat. Wow, what a great day it turned out to be.

This morning, after a really good night's sleep, we are packed and ready to head out for a big day of errands: going to Mark's doctor appointment, renewing one of Mark's prescriptions, having lunch with one of Mark's co-workers at Rip's in Bowie, exercising at the Greenbelt gym/pool, picking up the week's books at Mark's comic book store; enjoying dinner with Lowell in the Inner Harbor; moving back into Cindy's house. Whew! Aren't you exhausted just listening to this list of errands? I'm excited by the list. It will be a long, busy, productive day.

I hope all of you are also going to have long, busy, productive days, nothing wrong with that at all. Tomorrow morning is weigh-in-Tuesday. I'll be sure to post my weight, which I expect will be a bad number. Chinese food and ice cream will make it so. If I leave Thursday morning for surgery at 220, then I'm no worse off than when I left for surgery last November 2. It sure would have been nice to have been far less than that by now, but it isn't. I just don't want to be worse. This morning I was 223.5, mostly due to retaining fluid after the Chinese dinner. I am always up a few the next day from that. I guess they really use a lot of sodium in their cooking.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Becky,

    You are an inspiration in your attitude and your success with your weight loss. I want (need?) to lose some weight also and I'm going to continue to read your blog for the spark to keep me focused. I'm happy that you started to enjoy retirement and I'm sad that the cancer has interfered with that enjoyment. But you will make it through this -- I think God isn't finished with you yet. So this little Catholic girl is praying for her little Jewish friend (though the prayers are different, the God is the same). Keep your chin (and everything else) up!

    Hugs,

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky,

    You are so much stronger than you think you are. If you have as much faith in yourself as we have in you, you'll get through this in Gods'
    speed and besides (we're putting out good vibrations) and thoughts and prayers for you!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete