Friday, June 10, 2011

Always Something

Yesterday was very low key, so even though my arm was unwrapped and I could have written a blog, there was really nothing to write about. We went to Shavuot services, which were lovely. Then we basically napped the afternoon away. No exercise for us! That was naughty and unintended, but napping was nice!

Today I have a 9 a.m. PT appointment where I am going to get wrapped up again. It's clearly working. My arm and fingers look and feel normal. Only my hand is still kind of puffy with some pain in the back of the hand and the knuckles. I have no doubt that by next Friday when the PT ends, my hand will be back to normal, too. I only hope that my manual home drainage keeps it at bay after that.

I did develop one new little thing to deal with Wednesday afternoon. On the way home from PT I got a giant spidery floater in my left eye. I have had those before, and although they are annoying, I know there is nothing to be done about it. Usually after awhile it breaks up or floats out of the field of vision. Unfortunately, later in the evening I started to see a bright flash of light on the left side of my eye periodically. Mark did a little google search and discovered that it could indicate a retinal tear or leak. I called an opthamologist yesterday, so this afternoon I am driving up to Orlando for a 1:15 appointment to have it checked out. Small tears can heal themselves and bigger ones can be fixed, painlessly, with laser surgery. I'm not too worried about it, but it's annoying to have to have yet another doctor's visit in the day.

Finally, I want to say how sorry I am that our former Rabbi's son, Reuben, had to give up his Walt Disney World vacation with us in June. Shockingly, he was hit by a pickup truck last Thursday. Unbelievable. It could have been much, much worse than it was. He fractured his fibula and damaged a ligament in his knee. They are still waiting for the MRI results to find out if he needs ACL repair surgery. Meanwhile, he's on crutches for quite a few weeks. Needless to say he is not up for tramping around WDW the week of June 20. We wish him well and will keep his name in our prayers and on our new shul's refuah shlayma list for a complete healing. We are also keeping the last two weeks of July open in case he is up for the visit by then. And lastly, if not this summer, then next summer for sure! Reuben, be well! We will miss you on June 20, but we are confident your trip down here will happen eventually. We definitely WANT that week with you!!! And I'm glad I am now your Facebook friend. Keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment