Monday, June 13, 2011

The fitting

The MOB dress fitting went very well this morning. Basically they ordered the dress as large as it came, size 20. The seamstress took it apart at almost every seam, measured me, and is going to sew it back together at my size, more like a size 24. Fortunately the jacket fit in the arms and shoulders just fine. She's going to add a little on the sides of it. I get to go back in a month to try it on again and check the hemline. Then I'll pick it up at the end of August. I truly do believe now that it's going to work out.

I also picked up Evey's shoes, tiara, and veil. They are all beautiful.

The Mad Cow Theater was very tiny. It reminded us of the old Greenbelt theater or the Silver Spring Stage, for those who have been to those. Unlike those, however, this is a professional theater. The voices and the small band were all excellent. They did an outstanding job with all aspects of the show in such a small space. This theater has been there for 14 years, and next season it is moving to a slightly larger space a few blocks away. We would definitely go there again. We had used a special offer from LivingSocial.com. We got two tickets, two drinks, and free parking for only $23. Amazing. If you have never checked out Living Social, you should. Evey told us about it, and we have gotten some great deals.

I had PT and got rewrapped this afternoon. Just two more times! My new assignment is to wrap myself! She wants me to take this off Wednesday morning and then put it back on myself, so when she sees me Wednesday afternoon, she will see how I did. I have been watching her, but not all that closely. I think I can do 7 out of the 8 pieces, but the first part around the fingers and hand is the most complicated. I don't know if I'll get that right. I'm going to pay close attention when I take it off! I will have to get up real early Wednesday morning to do this since I have to leave at 8 a.m. to head up to downtown Orlando for the carotid artery ultrasound.

My eye is improving. I still have a lot of floaters in there blocking some of the vision, but I have had no flashes today. I was going to call to see if it was normal to have flashes after surgery since I had some all weekend, but today there haven't been any, so I guess that's a good thing. I'm not calling.

I'm about to go take an afternoon nap and then go to the gym. Bye Bye!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad your eye is getting better. Did your lymphedema therapist say that a compression machine would work for your arm at some point instead of the wraps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, she has not mentioned the machine. I don't think she thinks I'm bad enough for that.

    ReplyDelete