Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Yucky Today

I slept in a bit this morning since we had no plans to go anywhere in the morning. I actually got up at 7:45. I did all my manual drainage and upper extremity exercises, like a good girl, then I came to the kitchen to start on the computer. While I was reading Facebook and checking emails, I started to feel nauseous. I thought I needed to eat breakfast, so I made my usual sausage links and yogurt. It did not help. I went and sat on the couch for awhile with my eyes closed trying to make it go away. It did not go away. I went back to bed for an hour. When I got up at 11, I felt better. I made a cup of green tea and sat down to read for awhile. The nausea returned. UGH.

It feels like low-level nausea, like when I was on chemo. It's weird. I'm also having hot flashes today, three this morning, which is odd. I have not had one for weeks.

So while trying to find a reason for this, Mark said, "There are so many things going on with you that it's hard to pinpoint the cause. " True. Here are the two main possibilities: Arimidex or Panera. I ate a tuna salad sandwich at Panera yesterday for lunch. I almost never go there, but it was convenient yesterday. Although, I would think that if the tuna salad was bad, it would have got me sooner. Arimidex has many side effects, and nausea is one; however, I have been on it for exactly four months now. Like Panera, I would think that if it was going to make me sick, it would have done it already.

There is also my eyes. My vision isn't normal yet, and it's annoying to read or watch TV. Maybe that's catching up to me? There is also the dizziness and lightheadedness that I've been having since March. I had the CT scan of the head last week, and tomorrow morning I have the ultrasound of the carotid artery. I suspect the CT scan is fine. I see my PCP on July 7 to officially go over the results, but the med onc said she would call me right away if there was anything abnormal. She has not called. There is the lymphedema, but I've never heard of it causing nausea. And finally there are those old nodes in the lungs. I just had the chest CT scans from '06-'08 reviewed by the radiologist to compare them to the February PET scan. Hopefully they did not change, but i doubt if that would cause nausea either. But you can see why Mark said there are too many things going wrong with me! LOL

I have no fever, so that's a good sign.

In the middle of typing this blog, I had to go lie down again because i was feeling so bad. I feel just like when I was on chemo. Can chemo give you flashbacks? Ha Ha!

Finally, I remembered that I still had the anti-nausea pills from the chemo. At 12:30 I took a Zofran. So far, only 30 minutes in to it, I don't feel any better. I have now made toast and herbal ginger tea for lunch. I am planning on staying in my nightgown all day again today, but it's not going to be as much fun as it was on Saturday. We were planning to go to line dancing and drive up to Orlando for kosher meat shopping, but that has been canceled for today. After I eat my toast and tea, I'm planning on going back to bed. I am not a happy camper today.

4 comments:

  1. I hope that you are feeling better by now and have come up with an answer as to why you are so nauseated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not figured it out, but the Zofran did kick in and make me feel better, although it also makes me sleepy and loopy. By 5:30 I felt good enough to get dressed and go out to dinner. I feel very much back to normal now, so I may never know why I felt sick all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I agree with Mark that there is a lot going on and some of the stress of dealing with all of it may just be catching up with you. If the symptoms return, definitely get in touch with your doctors (but I hope that won't be necessary). I was catching up on past days and am glad to hear the dress fitting went well and you found your jewelry. I am looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. Take care. Love, Nadine

    ReplyDelete