Monday, June 27, 2011

New Hair Color




Sorry to all who have been worried about the lack of a blog since last Thursday. I especially want to say thanks to Ellen C. for calling to check up on us! We were out today very early having my occupational therapy/lymphedema therapy, then picking up some jewelry, then having a follow up to my laser eye surgery, then playing Mah Jongg. Busy day! I won two games of Mahj. My eyes are fine, so I don't need to have any more surgery. The retina is repaired, but he cautioned me against engaging in any activities that could cause a blow to the head. Aw gee! No more boxing for me! He did mention this time that I have the beginnings of cataracts, a little bigger on the left than the right. No big deal. Pretty much everybody gets them sooner or later. Laverne just had hers removed. How was that surgery, Verne? Pain free, I hope.

Yesterday we went to see Cars 2, and we really enjoyed it a lot despite the bad reviews. I also was able to take my bandages off in the afternoon, so we spent three hours at the pool from 3-6 p.m. It was heavenly.

We had decided to work our way through the Star Trek episodes and movies. So far, we have not skipped a day. Right now we have episode 7 of Star Trek Enterprise on, "Andorian Incident," I think it's called. We are really enjoying them, and neither one of us remembers very much about them.

The big news is, of course, my HAIR! I got it dyed on Saturday, along with a mani/pedi, hair trim/style, and facial waxing, including eyebrows. I have never done any waxing before. That was an interesting experience, but I love my smooth skin now! I will definitely do it all again at the end of August for the wedding. The hair dye came out pretty good. I think it's very close to my natural color, although I'm not sure the picture on the blog is showing it very well. I put up two pictures so you can compare the old and the new.

2 comments:

  1. Love the hair color. Take good care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks really cute! I am glad that your eyes are doing alright. Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete