Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Heading North

Hopefully, we will head up north by 9 or 10 a.m. Our plan is to meet Mark and Carol at the restaurant about 7 p.m. tonight. That will be wonderful.

UGH, I also am UP two and a half pounds today. I'm not sure why. I had a reasonable day yesterday. Lunch was a bit larger than normal, but nothing horrible. Breakfast and dinner were perfect, and the only snacks I had were watermelon, a banana, and some sugar-free jello. I am chalking it up to fluid retention and lack of exercise yesterday. My right hand was very puffy this morning. I could hardly get the rings off of it, and so far I have not put them back on.

Well, the bandages lasted only until 10 p.m. By then, I was really tired of trying to ignore the aching and throbbing in my hand. I had already swallowed 4 Advils twice during the day to help. I unwrapped it all and slept without anything during the night. It took awhile for my hand to stop hurting after I took the wrap off, and I also had a sore inside the crease of my little finger. I put some neosporin on it this morning. The plus side is that I could take a nice shower this morning!

Right after I type this blog and eat my breakfast, I will attempt to wrap myself. I hope I find that perfect combination of compression to take care of the lymph build up without being so tight that it makes my hand throb or too loose so the hand is puffy later. Sigh. It's a difficult, delicate balance to find. Yesterday, even the professional missed it, I think.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your wrapping. I hope that you are having lots of fun on your trip. Do you think the weight gain could be partly from lymphatic swelling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda,
    I thought about the swelling. I also had the wraps on and the other day no wraps. I bet they weigh half a pound, at least.

    ReplyDelete