Sunday, June 12, 2011

The busy do-nothing day is followed by an all-day-theater day.


Yesterday my do-nothing day turned out to be quite productive. I took everything off all three of my dressers and cleaned them up. Wow! There was a lot of trash and crap to throw away or put somewhere else. I also emptied and reorganized my three large jewelry boxes and nine smaller boxes. I think I realized that I have TOO MUCH jewelry. I really never should buy another piece. The good news is that I found the beautiful laramar necklace and bracelet that I bought on the last cruise. Truthfully, the whole point of cleaning off the dresser tops was to find that jewelry, so the day was a success. The picture is of me on the ship in St. Maarten the day I bought the laramar pieces. As long as I was on a roll, I also emptied everything out of the two night stands and threw away about half of it and reorganized and replaced the important things. I enjoyed the day. I also never got dressed the whole day!

This morning I unwrapped my arm and got a good shower. I also did almost all of the exercises that were prescribed for me, both the manual lymph drainage and the upper extremity exercises. I found the paper with those on them in the clean up. LOL! I need to get a squeezy ball and a stick to do the other exercises. Mark produced a ball, so all I need to find is a stick for the last set. Maybe tomorrow I'll look for one. I was also pleased with how well and how fast I was able to get the regular compression sleeve on today. The better I get at putting it on the less annoying I will find this new daily routine to be, I think.

Today we are going to the movie theater at Downtown Disney to see Bridesmaids. Everyone says it's hilarious. We will have lunch at Fresh Appeal inside Pollo Campero at the Disney Marketplace. Last week I had a veggie salad, veggie chilli, and fruit cup. It was spectacular. Mark is going to try the chili today. After lunch we are heading up to downtown Orlando to a theater called the Mad Cow. Interesting name. The show is one we have never seen live, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. We are pretty excited about going to see it. I'll let you know tomorrow how the theater looked and how the production was.

Tomorrow is a big day. It's my Mother-of-the-Bride dress fitting day! I'm sad and happy at the same time. I'm sad I didn't lose any weight since I ordered it back in March, but I'm happy to go see it and find out if they can make it fit with the extra fabric they ordered. I'm also happy that I have my new bras and breast prosthesis to wear for the best possible fit.

Have a great day wherever you are!

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful time with fitting your mother of the bride dress. That will be a once in a lifetime day. I am glad that you found your necklace. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete