Monday, June 20, 2011

Wonderful Time

Father's Day was as advertised. Everything was lovely, including the unbelievably sumptuous dinner at Tusker House in the Animal Kingdom. It was a buffet, and believe me, this time the buffet was NOT my friend. "The buffet is your friend" is an expression Mark often uses to remind me that at a buffet I can choose foods from a buffet that are appropriate and control my portions better than when you order from a menu. Yeah, RIGHT! Not yesterday. We also enjoyed a shot of whiskey sitting at the bar outside the restaurant,watching the afternoon parade go by, before our reservation time. All in all, we had a really nice day.

This morning Mark put together our two new barstools. I ordered two swivel stools that match the chairs at the kitchen table. We thought it would make the room seem more complete, and they do. Only glitch is they were cheap! One of them was a bit odd and difficult to put together as well as having a splintery rough spot on the seat. He managed to make it go together and a little sanding will take care of the rough spot, still you get what you pay for. The other glitch that I did not notice when ordering them was the weight limit. I'm pretty sure it never specified a weight limit on the website, or I'm sure I would never have ordered them. Officially, I am too heavy to sit on them. The weight limit is 225. Hm...maybe that and the lymphedema will make me stay on my diet. LOL

This afternoon I'm going to go next door and play Mah Jongg with the girls. I haven't done that since May 9 because of our crazy schedules. I think I can play again next week, but after that, I don't know when I'll have an open Monday afternoon again!

I never got to the pool yesterday. It was a little late when we left the restaurant and the storms were rolling in. I am hoping to get there after Mahj today because I still have no arm wrappings. Tomorrow afternoon they will be back for the rest of the week. Today is my one shot at the pool for the week. Hopefully the storms will hold off until after 7 p.m. You never know around here in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment