Thursday, February 9, 2012

All over.

The biopsy wasn't something I'd want to do everyday, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I must admit that my adrenalin was pumping when I got to the office. In fact, my blood pressure was 142/79. I never have a top number out of the 20s unless I'm upset about something, and I don't ever remember getting a 142. Oh, well...I knew my adrenalin was high. The good side was that I was down 9 pounds since they weighed me the first time two and a half weeks ago, so they were very amazed by that! I was pleased.

The doctor put me at ease, as much as he could, and he was everything I wanted him to be: skillful, quick, relatively painfree. It was uncomfortable, but not nearly as painful as I had anticipated. I was pleasantly surprised. I did feel like a limp dishrag the rest of the day as the adrenalin high went away. I was cautioned not to do anything too strenuous for the rest of the day, so I took his advice. I took it easy and even skipped going out to the synagogue rehearsal last night. I took Advil and Tylenol again later in the day and mostly tried to rest a lot. If I moved around too much, I definitely got more pain and uncomfortable feelings.

BUT, this morning, it's all over! I feel completely back to normal. Now I'm waiting for the results, which should take a week. I also made the appointment with the GYN/ONC for Valentine's Day. That office is going to see if they can fast track the biopsy results so that they are ready by Tuesday for the Onc doc to see that day.

Now it's just back to life as normal while I wait for the results.

This morning I will go to my cancer support group and report what has happened. I know everyone there will offer support and advice. Then Mark and I are going to go spend some more money! LOL! It's time to upgrade the house again. We're going to IKEA for a second sleep sofa to put in the family room, five more DVD towers so we can empty some more boxes, and 3 bookshelves for the den. I'm excited for all of that.

In addition, we will probably be able to take a nice walk this afternoon. Because of the IKEA run, lunch will be out at Subway today, always good for the calories. Dinner will be at Lakeside with free wine, salmon, double veggies, and salad, no bread, no dessert. Can't be too bad for me. I'm excited to wake up in the morning and feel in control of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment