Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The results are in...and they are GOOD!

I just returned from the GYN/ONC's office. GOOD NEWS!

My prediction, written at the bottom of the previous entry, was absolutely CORRECT!

The biopsy was normal. The mass on the ovary does not concern her too much, but I am having another ultrasound in mid-April and a follow up visit with her on April 26. She also drew blood to do a CA 125 tumor marker test. She fully expects that to come back normal, too.

The doctor was excellent. She took a lot of time with me. We sat in her office for a long talk and complete history, then she did a complete exam. She did not detect any signs of cancer anywhere. She is a surgeon, so, of course, she said she likes to do surgeries, but she would never recommend that someone have one if they didn't need it, and I don't need it. YAY! I feel like a weight is off my shoulders.

Still, I asked her why I have the symptoms of menstrual-like cramps. She said many things could cause them, none of them bad. The Arimidex could cause them. I didn't know that. The three hernia surgeries could be having new scar tissue forming on the mesh that could mimic that kind of pain. Didn't know that either. She agreed that setting up the new couch on Friday probably did set off the intense round of pain on Saturday because it was too close after the biopsy. Yeah, I should have known that one. As long as I don't bleed and the pain is not terrible, she would not be too concerned since the biopsy was normal.

On the other hand, if the tumor marker test shows anything, or the I start to bleed, or the pain became intolerable, then she would recommend a hysterectomy. Until then, we will just monitor things and keep checking in with her periodically. I can do that!

Meanwhile, my day just got a lot brighter!

Thanks to everyone who has been checking in with me and showing their concern. I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Becky,
    Your good news just totally made my day. I am so very happy for you. Hope you have a good night tonight. I can't wait to see what you say in your next blog.

    ReplyDelete