Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pill Boxes

Sunday is pill day at the Silverstein household. This morning, Mark and I sat together to fill up our new pill boxes. I take all my pills at the same time at bedtime, so I haven't used a box before. One or two times, I have wondered the next morning whether or not I took them, so I got a box for myself. I filled it this morning for the week, so now I can look at it and know for sure if I did or did not take those pills that night.

Mark's box has four compartments, and he sat and filled them all up. He doesn't take any pills at noon, but he cleverly used the morning and noon compartments to be the Before breakfast and With breakfast pills. He has a few that have to be taken 30 minutes before a meal and then some that are taken with a meal.

Anyway, we are both very sure that the new system is going to help our brains a LOT! LOL!!

We had a relaxing day yesterday. After getting home from shul, we just had lunch, napped, and watched a lot of TV. We watched our next Disney movie, Treasure Island. That's the last movie that was released before our lifetimes. It came out in 1950 a few months before I was born. I don't think I had ever watched it all the way through, so it was pretty entertaining. Then we watched our daily Star Trek: Enterprise episode, although we have recently skipped a lot of days. It was a good one, too. Finally, we finished up the evening by digitizing another home movie from an old Beta tape. This was the trip to Atlanta;s Coke Museum, Six Flags over Georgia, Universal Studios, and lots of time at Walt Disney World, staying in the Port Orleans resort. It was 1992, so Lowell was 13 and Evey was 5. I love watching my kids!

As for me, I was on the way up in weight. I could really see the difference between the 1990 trip to NY and this trip two years later. In between I had had the accident where the wall hit me on the head and I was in a neck brace for awhile. I then stopped going to Weight Watchers and was in constant pain for over a year. Naturally, I dealt with that stress by eating. I was definitely on the way UP in weight by 1992. The brakes didn't stop on the weight gain until 2009. Scary.

I have had some excellent days since we got home from the trip. We have taken some long walks, and I have made note of every calorie, staying in the 1200 to 1400 range. We also did our weights on Friday. I hope this week will show a nice weight loss despite eating out for the first two days in Arlington.

Today we have to go get Mark's comic books, rehearse at the synagogue, do some grocery shopping, take a long walk, and end up with some TV. It's going to be fun. Time to get it started by taking a shower and getting dressed. In an hour we are out the door. Hope everyone else is having as much fun as we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment