Saturday, February 11, 2012

Good Work



Setting up my new sofa yesterday was a 90 minute job, but I'm proud of myself for getting it done all by myself! Mark was at his NARFE District meeting, and when he came home, that new couch was all done and looking good. In fact, while putting the cushion covers on, I discovered that the reason last year's couch never seemed quite right was because I did NOT put those covers on correctly. Once I finished this couch, I went right into the living room and removed the covers from the two seat cushions and put them on correctly. Huge difference! The picture with the blue blanket is the new one in the kitchen/family room. The one with the pink blanket is the one from last year in the living room. Both have double beds hidden inside. On my computer the new one looks sort of beige/ecru like. It must be the lighting because they are both identical, white.

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this week Mark has plenty of time in the house. He's going to put one DVD tower together each day. That will allow us to empty maybe two or three of the four boxes still sitting in the kitchen. I'm looking forward to that. Then we are going to the Miami area for a week and our friend Rudy is arriving the day after we get back to stay a week or so with us. He is ready for some warm air again! I know it will be awhile before Mark can do the last two DVD towers or get to those three bookshelves for the den. I'm hoping he can have them all done by the end of March when our other company starts coming down for Passover.

Today is Shabbat, so we are heading out to services in the morning. We plan to have a relaxing afternoon, watch some TV, take a walk if it's not raining, nap, read, and then head out around 6:30 to a hotel near the WDW area for a big, formal evening. Tonight is our new rabbi's formal installation dinner. It should be a lovely event, but we have never gone to an installation for a new rabbi that didn't take place right in the synagogue. Maybe this synagogue's social hall is too small to hold all the people that they needed to invite. I'm not sure. It is a fairly small social hall in this building, for sure.

Meanwhile, my calories remain excellent. I am staying in good control. I just hope tonight's dinner out and tomorrow afternoon's barbecue doesn't change that. Also, I am fully recovered from the biopsy, but I'm having some pretty strong cramping this morning. It's quite uncomfortable, so I plan to take 800 mg of ibuprofen with breakfast. It's kind of scaring me, but I'm trying not to think about it too much or worry about it yet. I have that GYN/ONC appointment Tuesday afternoon. Time enough to worry then.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that your cramping is better by now and that you had a good time out this evening. You are in my thoughts/prayers. I hope that you have a good day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete