Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Quick weigh in report

DOWN TWO!! I'm quite pleased with that because I feel I did work hard this week. I weighed 258.2 this morning, down from 260.3 last week. Now I'm going to work hard again. I'm 8 pounds up from last year at this time when we arrived here to stay. I checked my weight records and found that I weighed 250 that day. Chemo took me up from 220 on the day of surgery, September 16, 2010 to 250 when we arrived here on February 1, 2011. That's 30 pounds up from chemotherapy. The sadder part is that I didn't lose it when it was just 30. Instead, I added more. Well, that's all behind me now. I am feeling more in control and motivated than I have in a long time. I'm partly motivated by fear of an impending hysterectomy, but, hey, whatever it takes! Right? LOL!

This afternoon we are flying to D.C. for tomorrow morning's funeral at Arlington Cemetery. That means eating out today for lunch and dinner, then tomorrow's breakfast, lunch, and dinner. After that, there are no more eating out times during this seven day period. I know that lunch today will be good. Breakfast tomorrow morning will be in the hotel, so I will try to keep it low. It's tonight's dinner that has me worried. We are meeting our good friends John and Bev at a Mexican restaurant in Falls Church, VA. I love Mexican, and it's hard to keep the calories low. I'll just do my best to make wise choices. Next Wednesday will show how well I do tonight. Tomorrow's lunch and dinner will be out, but I'm not sure where or what. I can only do my best to make appropriate food choices.

There will be no opportunity for long walks today or tomorrow either, but we at least are going up to the gym for the weight machines before we head to the airport.

No blog tomorrow, and then I'll write Friday morning to tell you all about the funeral, the visit with friends, and the food choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment