Thursday, February 23, 2012

Gonna be fun!

Yesterday was fine but not great. It started off with being disappointed that I had gained weight. I did go to the gym and do all my weights, then Mark and I walked a full two miles in 50 minutes. I was excited about that. Then I just wimped out on running to play Mah Jongg with the new group of ladies that I met last Wednesday. Instead, I went with Mark to the comic book store and local health food store. We were both exhausted after that and took naps! We were supposed to go to a synagogue rehearsal in the evening, but a huge storm came up. The wind and rain were CRAZY! We looked out there and just decided we didn't want to drive forty-five minutes in that, especially on the two lane country roads that are not well lit. About a half hour later it was over, but by then we would have been too late to make it worth it. We watched a lot of TV shows that we had missed while on our trip.

Today is going to be a lot more fun. I'm enjoying watching Live with Kelly from Disney's new Aulani resort in Hawaii. We went to Hawaii in spring of 2010 on our cruise, and I plan to take the family back in the summer of 2014 to stay at the resort with Mark, Lowell, Emily, Evey, and Eric to celebrate my 64th birthday. I'm doing it that summer so that I can save money to pay for it. I'd pick my 65th, which seems like more of a milestone, but hey, why wait that long?! LOL!!

Soon I'll be heading up to my cancer support group followed by a few relaxing hours at the pool, where I do plan to put in 25-30 minutes of swimming. It's a gray, overcast day but no rain is predicted and upper 80s. Sounds like a pool day to me.

Sometimes between 3 and 5 p.m. our friend Rudy will be arriving to spend a week or so with us. That will be fun. Our cleaning lady will be here between 1 and 3, so the house will be all ready for him. Tonight we'll take him out to dinner at Solivita's Stonegate Grille and then go to the movie at the ballroom. Fun times ahead!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a great day. I am glad that you had a good time while you were gone. I hope that you lose the few pounds that you gained quickly. It sounds like your food intake sure has been good.

    I haven't been as good as I should on exercise. It always helps me to get out of the house to exercise. I don't feel comfortable driving too many places til I get my eyes fixed. I am going downstairs to get on my treadmill now. Thanks for helping to keep me accountable.

    I am helping with the little kids group at our church on Wednesday night. They are 4-10 years old. They are fun. I have been having lots of fun looking on the internet for crafts for them to make. I am going to try and get prepared to help them make some musical instruments of their own so they can accompany themselves when we sing together. That sounds like fun to me.

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete