Monday, February 13, 2012

Kosher Barbecue






It was an easy drive to our cantor's ranch in the Clermont area. We got there and found dozens of people enjoying the kosher hot dogs off the grille, along with a variety of salads, chips, and sodas. The funny thing was that everyone was bundled up! It was sunny but very cold and windy. I was wearing a long sleeved turtle neck, a heavy pull over sweater, a cardigan sweater, and a hoodie. I even wore gloves! It was hard to remember we were in Florida.

The cantor had a lot of pine tree seedlings, and a park ranger taught the kids and adults the proper way to plant them. Then everyone had a chance to plant a little tree, if they wanted. Mark and I just watched. We are not good with plants and didn't want the responsibility! LOL!!

Then they shot off rockets and took a nature walk. There were horses to look at and a beautiful white standard poodle who absolutely loved everybody and loved running around all afternoon. What a fun way to spend the day and celebrate Tu B'Shevat, the birthday of trees.

Once we got home, we stayed bundled up and relaxed on the new couch, watching TV until 10 p.m. I went to bed early because this morning I had to get up before 6 to get ready to go to the car repair place. I have an 8 a.m. appointment to have a part installed underneath to stop a rattle.

It's 33 degrees this morning. YIKES! The TV news show is telling people that if they need to scrape their windows and don't have a scraper, then they can use a spatula or a credit card. Haha! I have still have a scraper. Sadly, my car is also sitting outside right now because the old couch is in the garage in my spot. The bulk pick up isn't until Wednesday morning for that. I hope that by the time I got out at 7:25 to leave there is no frost. I really don't want to scrape, even though I do still have my scraper.

Once I get home from the car repair place, I will go to the gym for weights and walking on the treadmill (hey, too cold for outside walking!), Mah Jongg, early dinner, and rehearsal. It will be a good day, but COLD all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment