Wednesday, February 22, 2012

We're back from our trip.






Oh, this blog could be long. First, I apologize for saying that I was going to write blogs while I was gone and take my laptop. I did neither. At the last minute, I decided not to take the laptop because I thought I could write blogs on my new Kindle Fire; I was wrong. It would let me read the blog but not write one. I have no idea why it won't give me a keyboard, but it won't. So that's why there were no blogs while I was gone.

Second, I forgot to charge my camera battery, and I didn't take the charger either. That means there aren't many pictures from this trip! So not like me. LOL!!

Now, it's weigh-in Wednesday. My goodness, but I am no good AT ALL at knowing what I'm doing without that scale. I thought I was eating very well. Most of our meals were prepaid buffet tickets with little options and people serving the food. That meant that I got what everyone else got (or less because I never took any meat entrees) and did not pile up bigger portions than anyone else. I never went back for seconds. That covered five days of lunches and dinners. There were no between meal snacks, and I took dessert (which was super small) only two of the five days. Breakfast was at the hotel every morning, scrambled eggs and either a small bowl of Cheerios or a mini bagel with a small amount of cream cheese. Last Wednesday morning I ate breakfast at home and last Friday I ate it in a restaurant, so that breakfast was bigger than the others. I had a veggie omelet (no cheese), a small bowl of grits, and rye toast. At bedtime I ate the usual banana twice, an apple once, and nothing the other nights. I walked at least 25 minutes or swam at least 25 minutes every day. So...I really thought I was having a great week.

WRONG!! I gained two and a half pounds. I must say that I was shocked. I thought I probably stayed the same, but I really felt like I had dropped one or two. That's why I say I just have no sense at all about what my weight is doing. Sigh.

We had a great time on the trip. We visited our friend Ellen, who was renting a condo in Delray Beach for three weeks. We had breakfast with her and saw her condo. In fact, snapping a picture of her is what made me realize that my battery was low in the camera! We also spend several days visiting with our friends Walter and Lore in the RV campground where they were enjoying Florida sunshine instead of West Virginia cold. Several other friends of ours were also there, including Cathy and Ed B. and Jonathan and Susan S. It was almost like a family reunion.

On the last day we decided to visit a museum in Stuart, Florida where we were staying. It was Gilbert Bar's House of Refuge. Of the ten Houses of Refuge along the Florida Atlantic coast, this is the only one remaining. The houses provided food and lodging for those who were shipwrecked. Originally they were not Coast Guard stations or rescue places. They were charged with watching for survivors to wash up on shore and then provide help. It was fascinating because we never knew about such things. Since it was the last day, I snapped more pictures than I had because it didn't matter if I wore out the battery at that point!

So here are some pictures. We are at the House of Refuge, with our friend Lore in front of her new condo, with our friend Ellen at the restaurant in Delray, with my Valentine's Day flowers from Mark. We actually took those with us to the hotel for the week. They made the hotel room look so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment