Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cinco de Mayo, the day after

 I hope everyone had a great day yesterday, celebrating either the Kentucky Derby or Cinco de Mayo.  Since we had our Mint Juleps and Derby pie Friday afternoon, we had tequila yesterday.  We tried to watch some of the Kentucky Derby on TV, but because we had a dinner reservation at Epcot, we couldn't stay home late enough to see the race.  I read this morning that it didn't run until about 7 p.m.  Crazy.  I did enjoy looking at all the ladies' hats and dresses on TV, though.
 Mark and I like to go to Mexico at Epcot for Cinco de Mayo.  This is the second year we have done it, so we chose the new outside sit down restaurant called La Hacienda de San Angel.  We had seen tilapia on the menu, so that's what we had.  I tried to count my calories as best and as honestly as I could.  My breakfast and lunch were my usual low amounts, so I had a lot of calories to work with.  We also walked from the parking lot at Epcot, around the lake in the opposite direction, to get there, which took 35 minutes and is about a mile and a half.  That burned up about 160 calories according to my program.  Even so, I ate too many tortilla chips with salsa; the tilapia was covered in a lot of a corn salsa/chutney thing and also a mayonaissey sauce; delicious rice and beans was also served with it; there was a shot of an expensive tequila; and I ordered Mexican ice cream, which included three scoops (guava, mango, and papapaya).  Total caloric damage came to 1,493 just for dinner.  That's my whole day's calories, so for the day I had 1,936.  I hope it doesn't do too much damage to me for the week.  Today will be much better.

.


Later this morning we are going to go see The Avengers.  Mark has been looking forward to this new movie for a long time. I'm sure it will be spectacular.  Then we are eating at Subway for lunch before heading back to Epcot.  Today's band is called The Orchestra. I think they are somehow loosely related to The Electric Light Orchestra from the sixties.  We'll find out later, I guess.  I'm also going to walk a lot and try to see the tea display in England, the spice display in Morocco, and some build-a-landscape display just past France.  As long as I only eat my planned meals and snacks today and do all that walking, I think yesterday will balance out.

My little armadillo friend was in the parking lot by the ballroom at Solivita on Wednesday morning.  I just included it because he was so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment