Thursday, May 10, 2012

Foiled Again

I left my laptop at home because the Kindle can now let me type a blog, or so I believed.  Tuesday night I fired up the Kindle in the hotel, expecting to type a blog, but it wouldn't connect to the free WiFi. It was very weird because it said it was connected within the settings area, but it had an X next to the WiFi symbol on the home page, indicating it was not connected.  I asked Mark to look at it, and he couldn't understand the schizophrenic signals either.  He tried rebooting it, but the same thing happened.  Once again, the Kindle let me down.  It's great for reading books, but it's unreliable for doing anything else.

We had a great time Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday morning at the Florida state NARFE convention. I held my calories together really well on Tuesday, so I was disappointed Wednesday morning with a three-quarter pound weight gain. I know that 3/4s of a pound is insignificant and could be accounted for by sodium at the restaurant Tuesday night, the plus or minus 2/10 of a pound accuracy of the scale, or even the different floor tiles in the hotel bathroom.  Still, I'll admit I was disappointed.   I had to log in that I was 250.1 right after I had personally vowed to myself and Mark that I would NEVER be in the 250s again.  Ha, never say never, right?

Wednesday I didn't even try to restrict my calories, although I did log them in as well as I could  on the phone app.  I think I had nearly 3,000.  I'm doing better today, but I still have the formal banquet to attend.

The convention ended unexpectedly early today, so we left the hotel about 11:30 a.m. and drove home.  Now we have some time to unpack and relax before getting in our formal clothes to go back for the banquet.  It's really just an hour and ten minute drive to the Hilton in Altamonte Springs.

At lunch we drove over to the Altamonte Mall both Tuesday and Wednesday for a Subway lunch.  On Wednesday, we also walked around the mall for awhile and shopped. It's been a long time since we did anything like that because we don't live near any indoor malls anymore. I was thrilled to find the Bath and Body Works store.  I really like their shower gels and fragrances.  We came out with a nice assortment for each of us.  Then I went to a Claire's and bought myself three pairs of clip on earrings. I know I'm one of the few women left in the world without pierced ears.  I didn't even know that clip ons were still made.  For the Starliters show I wore clip ons and found that they did not hurt.  The show's costumer said that it is still possible to buy them. She was right, but there wasn't much of a selection; however, they were buy two get one free, so I did!  I have worn a pair ever since I got them.  I rather like them now that I have short hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment