Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fun with Barb and Al


Yesterday we did some errands, and I watched the three hour finale of Survivor that I missed from Sunday night.  Then in the afternoon we met Barb and Al at Fantasia Mini-Golf at WDW, near the Swan and Dolphin hotels.  Crazy, but I forgot my camera.  Fortunately, Al brought his and shared these two pictures with me.  Mark and I had played this course in August of 2010, but before that I had not been there in over ten years. I really didn't remember most of the holes.  Barb and Al play that course a lot, so they had many helpful hints.  In fact, they were so helpful that Mark and I beat the two of them by 7 strokes.  It was so much fun.  Mark was just amazing.  He hit FOUR holes-in-one, which he has NEVER done before.  Crazy.

After golf, we went to the NYPD pizza parlor near our house. I wanted Barbara to say if it was close to the real NY pizza or not.  She agreed it was great, but she said it wasn't exactly like real NY pizza. I wouldn't know because I don't think I ever had any!  LOL!  Mark and I split a medium extra cheese pizza and so did Barb and Al.  We had a coupon for buy one get one free, so  we split the very reasonable check.

We took Barbara and Al back to our house for some lively conversation, delicious wine, and not-too-sinful desserts.  They had not been to our house before, so it was fun showing off the house and our Disney items.  Compared to their house we have NOTHING Disney in our house.  LOL!  I have never seen a more Disneyfied house than theirs.  It's amazing.

I think the picture of me stuffing my face with the first of three pieces of pizza explains my Wednesday Weigh-in quite well.  This morning I'm up two and a half pounds to 252.5.  This past week included two days of the NARFE convention with the two banquets we attended, Mother's Day brunch, dinner out Monday at the Bistro, and last night's pizza and eclair binge.  Let's not forget the bottle of white zin that Barb and I polished off together.

Since we had pizza Monday and pizza Tuesday and Mark's shiritake noodle spaghetti planned for tonight, I told Mark that we should continue the trend and have an "All Italian" week.  Thursday we are planning our usual dinner out before this week's movie (War Horse, can't wait!) and I planned to get eggplant rollitini, scrumptious.  It's also FULL of calories, so maybe I should rethink this "All Italian" thing!

This week should be better.  We do have that dinner out Thursday night to get through, plus we are going out of town again for a brief three day two night trip to Cocoa Beach on Tuesday.  I'm still planning to get a ton of exercise in this week, so maybe I can undo this week's damage.  Maybe I'll skip that eggplant Thursday night, as well.

3 comments:

  1. I gained 2 lbs between yesterday & today from the pizza, wine & eclair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it was worth it :)

    We had a ball, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, me, too! Totally worth it. I behaved today. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back down a bit. But totally worth it!!

    ReplyDelete