Monday, May 21, 2012

Micky Dolenz

Yesterday was awesome. We started off by watching the Tom Hanks movie Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. It was nominated for several Academy Awards but did not win any.  It's a very intense movie, a tear-jerker, but I would highly recommend it.

Then we had a lovely salad bar lunch at the Solivita Marketplace Bistro where we ran into people we knew.  Barb and Bill H. joined us at our table.  I love running into people we know when we go to the Village area. It's really very "small town like" here.

After lunch we drove to Epcot for the Micky Dolenz concert.  He is filling in and paying tribute to the memory of Davy Jones, who was scheduled to be the final performer in the Spring and Garden Festival Flower Power concert series.  Micky Dolenz did an outstanding job!  We thoroughly enjoyed the concert.  He had huge audiences for all nine performances.  We had heard that the lines went back as far as Mexico, so we got there pretty early.  We got in line in Italy, but they seated us early.  We got a nice seat in the shade and waited an hour there instead of standing in the sun.  That was nice of them. 

The show was awesome!  Mark actually wrote down the set list, so for those Monkees fans who might be reading this, here is what he sang:
Not Your Stepping Stone
That Was Then, This is Now
She
Last Train to Clarksville
Johnny B Goode, his original audition piece for The Monkees
Different Drum, a hit for Linda Ronstadt, written by Mike Nesmith, and sung today by Mickey's sister Coco
Daydream Believer, which he dedicated to Davy Jones
Little Bit Me
Pleasant Valley Sunday
I'm a Believer

He joked that The Monkees sang "I'm a Believer"long before Shrek!  True!

For a man who is now 67 years old, his voice sounded great and his energy level was amazing.  Great day.  And on the way out, Mark bought me a new jigsaw puzzle at Mouse Gears.  Yay!  A Disney jigsaw puzzle.

Today I am going to re-organize the bedroom closet.  It's a chore that I'm not looking forward to doing, but I've been thinking about it for awhile. I guess today will be the day.  At least at 1 p.m. I can stop working and go play Mah Jongg. Tonight a local high school is bringing its production of Sound of Music to our ballroom, so we will go see that.  I hope it's as good as the other high school's jazz band performance last Monday.

We are going out of town tomorrow.  We're not going far, just over to Cocoa Beach, but I've never been there.  I'm looking forward to a few days on the beach!  I am taking the scale with me for Wednesday morning, but I'm not expecting anything good. I have not really behaved. I ate too much cheese and croutons at the salad bar for lunch, and I polished off the rest of a jar of peanut butter for a late night snack.  I've gone over my daily calorie limit almost every day this week, so I expect a weight gain.  Sigh.  I've lot my momentum again.  Today should be good. I'm not eating any meals out and the peanut butter jar has been emptied. There's really nothing in the house to binge on, so I guess today will be a good one.  Then I'll be eating lunch and dinner out tomorrow before the weigh-in.  I'll do my best and let you know.

2 comments:

  1. I love your entry about boiled peanuts yesterday. It was so very interesting. Because of your entry I will probably never taste them myself. They don't sound very good.

    I think that you will get your momentum back for weight loss. I am hoping for you that your wednesday weigh-in isn't as bad as you think.

    I hope you have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rhonda! I'm deep in the middle of clearing out my walk in closet. I really own too many pairs of shoes! I need to thin that herd. LOL!

    ReplyDelete