Friday, May 18, 2012

Warhorse

Last night Mark and I went to the ballroom for the free movie. It was Warhorse, a movie that Mark had already seen but I had not.  He went with me, not thinking he would watch it all over again, but it was just THAT good.  He sat riveted and watched it a second time completely through.  It was such an intense movie.  I know it got a lot of Oscar nominations, but I can't believe it didn't win even one.  I was also VERY glad it had a happy ending!  If you haven't seen it yet, I would strongly recommend it.

Last Thursday's free movie was the recent Tom Hanks movie, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.  We weren't able to go because we were at the NARFE banquet instead.  We have decided to rent it Sunday morning at home and watch it.  I suspect it will be pretty intense as well but in a different way. I like Tom Hanks, so I just have to see it.

I'd love to hear comments from people who have seen these two movies, but don't give away too much about the Hanks movie, please!

There was a good hard soaking rain most of the day on Wednesday, and we really needed it. A pretty good rain hit Tuesday night as well, but the ponds around here are still looking kind of sad. This past winter and spring were especially dry.  I hope we get a lot of rain this summer!  Not good for the tourists at Disney, but great for our land.

Yesterday I got an ocular migraine around 11 a.m. while I was sitting in my cancer support group meeting.  It only lasted about half an hour, but I did get fatigue and a headache afterwards.  It kind of made the rest of the day feel sluggish.  I never felt very well for the rest of the day, which is probably why I never bothered to write a blog yesterday.  I hope today goes better. I'm sure having a very slow start to the day so far.  It's already 10:15 and I haven't even showered or dressed yet.  I have been reading, watching TV, and playing on the computer, which includes working on this blog.  Yikes!  I had better try to get myself together.  At the very least today, I plan to go to the gym for the weight routines and later go to the pool for some swimming.  I hope Mark can finally get in the pool today.  It's been nearly three weeks since his biopsies. I think the sites look pretty healed up, and he no longer wears band-aids on them.  It's always more fun to swim when he can join me.

Enjoy your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment