Saturday, March 9, 2013

Fanniversary

We just loved the Fanniversary.  The two hosts covered any major Disney park or film that had an anniversary on a 3 or an 8, so that's anniversaries like 10, 20, or 15, 25, etc.  We even got a program book that listed every anniversary that was going to be discussed.  There were some lovely old video clips and pictures shown that had never been seen anywhere before.  That was very cool.  The Atlantic Dance Hall, as all Disney places, was very beautiful, art deco style, but not very large.  There were hotel-style chairs set up on the dance floor facing the stage with a large screen in front of the curtain for the pictures and videos.  It really didn't hold that many people, so I guess that's why they had two shows yesterday.

I took a 1.3 mile walk in a half an hour in the afternoon in addition to walking a LONG way from the outer most parking lot at Boardwalk to the Atlantic Dance Hall.  I ate my 200 calories for breakfast, 320 calories for lunch, 540 calories for dinner, and a 130 calorie banana for a total of 1190.  Excellent day.  I am rewarded by being down some of the water weight I had gained, 262.9 this morning.  It's a start.  Today all meals will be at home, and I'm going to the gym for the weights and another walk.  I am looking forward to another loss tomorrow morning.

I got some lovely pictures from Evey and Eric this morning on my phone.  They look great outside the Sydney Opera House and at Manly Beach on the Pacific Ocean.  I'm so excited that Eric's phone works all over the world and that he's able to share their experiences as they happen.  Technology is amazing!

Today they are flying out of Sydney to Alice Springs, where they hope to have time to visit the Desert Park and the Royal Flying Doctor Service.  I hope I see some pictures tomorrow morning when I wake up! 

PS  I went to take a shower before I finished the blog. I did not eat breakfast, but I did have a cup and  a half of black coffee.  When I got in the shower, I was still 262.9, when I got out of the shower, I was 265.7.  Not possible to gain nearly five pounds in the shower in 10 minutes or less! My scale is nearly ten years old.  Might be time to get a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment