Monday, March 4, 2013

These are good days.

Yesterday was great, and today will also be great!

We went to see the movie Quartet yesterday.  It was Dustin Hoffman's directorial debut about retired musicians, starring Maggie Smith.  Love it!  Mark slept through some of the middle.  Guess that says it all.

Then we met Barb and Al for lunch at Sweet Tomatoes.  Lunch lasted three and a half hours. I'm not exaggerating!  We ate; we talked; we laughed; we cried. I'm not exaggerating.  It was an awesome time.  Al's bout with spinal fusion surgery and facing radiation and chemo for myeloma is giving him such an uplifted spirit that it is amazing to behold.  The force is strong in this one!

When we went home, I talked to both of my kids, always a treat, and then watched the real start of the Iditarod.  Mark made an excellent dinner from his diabetic friendly magazine.  Delicious.

I never did any exercise, but I was down a pound this morning to 265. 4.  That made me very happy.

Today I'm doing whatever I feel like!  I have no agenda at all except Mah Jongg from 1-4 this afternoon, which I do every Monday.  Mark and I plan to go exercise after Mahj.  Other than that I am having a slow, relaxing morning, watching TV, playing on the internet, writing emails and this blog.  There's no hurry.

Have a great day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.  Keep an open mind, an open heart, and your spirits positive.  That should guarantee a good day no matter what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment