Friday, March 15, 2013

Never knew THAT!

Yesterday I wasn't really surprised that I was up three pounds in one day.  I WAS surprised to do it again today.  Yes, six pounds up in two days.  I'm now higher than when I got off the February cruise vacation by one pound.  I am dumbfounded.

I ate a normal breakfast and a very small dinner.  In between I ate a buffet lunch in Sarasota at Der Deutchman, an Amish restaurant.  I made a nice salad, including some cole slaw and potato salad and cheese, but small amounts of all on a small salad plate.  From the main buffet I had a roll with butter, a small bowl of cream of broccoli soup, 2 salmon patties, green beans, mashed potatoes, two bites of sweet potatoes, and a piece of white cake for dessert.  Yes, I guess that's a lot of food, but it was no more than most people at my table also took. It seemed like a normal amount, and I did not go back for seconds.  I also walked around a lot in the museum, an hour at least.  

So, no, I did not see this coming.  I thought I'd lose the three I gained yesterday.  At worst I thought I'd wake up with those three still on and be depressed.  Now I'm up six in two days.  I'm REALLY depressed.  I have to go to the doctor's office in two hours.  Four months ago I weighed in at 262.5, which was my weight two days ago.  This morning, naked on my scale, I weighed 268.5.  I can only imagine that with clothes on the doctor's scale I am going to hit 270 easily.  She will NOT be happy.  I will NOT be happy.

The good news is that the South Florida Museum trip yesterday was a lot of fun.   Snooty, the 64 year old resident manatee, was adorable.  The planetarium was interesting, and the museum was a great source of history.  Mark and I wouldn't mind going back some day to go through the museum at our own pace.  We were on a guided tour for an hour, so sometimes we stayed longer in certain areas than necessary and skipped through whole other rooms with barely a glance. 

Evey and Eric sent pictures of themselves snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef.  They both looked adorable in wet suits and snorkels.  Their next adventure involves renting a car, driving into the Daintree Rainforest, and hiking to Cape Tribulation.  The next day they will fly back to Sydney. 

Have a great weekend, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment