Friday, March 8, 2013

If I could only predict winning lottery numbers as well...

Yesterday I predicted a weight gain for this morning due to too much sodium in the restaurant meals and more calories than I have been consuming.  Yes, I was right, but I am surprised by the amount.  I posted a weight of 261.8 yesterday, so I was stunned to see 265 on the scale this morning.

I ate about 2000 calories.  That's my best guess.  It just has to be the sodium.  Today and tomorrow will be all meals at home (except for the Subway salad for lunch today), plus there will be time for long walks, so I hope to lose all of that today.  It would be lovely to go up 3.2 in one day and then back DOWN the same 3.2 pounds the next day!

So what did I eat that did this to me?
Breakfast:  the usual 200, 3 Morningstar Sausage Links, 1 lo-fat sugar free yogurt
Lunch at Outback:  house salad no dressing, baked tilapia, steamed vegetables
Dinner at Cohen's: pea soup, 3 bites of challah, half a baked chicken (no skin), Israeli salad (half cup)
Snack: banana

Really, does that seem like so much?  Is it such bad choices?  Should it seriously add 3.2 pounds in one day?

This morning Mark and I are going to a D23 Fanniversary event at the Atlantic Dance Hall on the Boardwalk at WDW.  I really don't know what to expect.  Mark took Reuben Cohen to the last one, which was last summer at the Hollywood Studios.  Each D23 member can attend and bring one guest.  Yeah, I'm the guest this time.  Very exciting.

When we get out, we will eat our Subway salad lunch, which is never more than 320 calories.  I'm having my 200 calorie breakfast and my 320 calorie lunch.  That leaves plenty of calories for dinner tonight, which Mark is making at home.  That with lots of walking should make a good day.

Meanwhile, Evey and Eric landed safely and probably did everything they set out to do.  Here's their next agenda, which they will be doing tonight while we sleep!  I just can't get over that.  LOL!

This day is somewhat up in the air because all of their original plans had to be canceled.  They had planned to take a train to Katoomba, explore the Blue Mountains Three Sisters, Giant Staircase, Federal Pass, waterfalls to Scenic World, and ride a cable car up mountains. (and NO, I have no idea what most of those things are!) That is all gone now because not too long ago there was a massive landslide in that area, making all of it inaccessible.

Instead they have the day wide open.  Evey said they might rent a kayak and check out Manly Beach.  I guess we won't really know what they did until they get home, but whatever they do, I'm sure they are going to love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment