Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Good Wednesday

I can finally report a decent loss on a weigh-in Wednesday.  This morning I hit 262.3, the weight that I hit in the doctor's office four months ago.  It means I lost 5.7 pounds this week!  Wow!  I haven't been able to say that in a long time.

This coming week has its own challenges.  Tomorrow I have the NARFE luncheon meeting at Outback and dinner at Lakeside, free wine Thursdays.  Sunday we are going to Epcot for the Spring Flower and Garden Festival and to hear Mickey Dolenz, formerly of The Monkees, perform.  At least that involves a lot of walking, over two miles, but this year they have added food kiosks around the lake like they have at the Food and Wine Festival in the fall.  Our plan on Sunday is to make those kiosks our lunch.  Hopefully the walking will counter-balance the food.  Then next Tuesday is Mark's birthday.  We are eating all three meals out, and I'm buying them as part of his presents.  Denny's sent him a coupon for a free Grand Slam breakfast on his birthday, so that's only costing me his cup of coffee!  Nice.  Lunch will be at the Commissary at Disney's Hollywood Studios, where we will spend the day walking all around (yay for walking) and go to the new Jack Sparrow exhibit. We eat the Asian Salad Bowl, so that's not too high in calories for me.  Dinner will be at an upscale fish house, Landry's, near WDW.  I have a $25 gift card, so that price won't be too bad either.  Still it's a lot of opportunity for over eating in one day, right before the next weight-in.

I have been successful this past week because almost all of our meals were at home, plus I did not snack between meals unless it was a planned piece of fruit.  I ate only two lunches and one dinner out in the entire week.  This week, out of 21 meals, I will be eating 1 breakfast, 4 lunches, and 2 dinners out.  I had better be careful since the doctor visit is next Friday!  I'd really like to be down a few more pounds by then. 

Yesterday when i went for my blood draw and noticed that she had ordered an A1C, along with all the usual fasting blood work.  I think she really is convinced I am, should be, or will be a diabetic!  I can't wait to get that number.  I've never had an A1C before!

I know it's snowing like the dickens in the mid-Atlantic and Northeast.  Be safe and warm. Wow! It's mid-60s, breezy, and sunny here.  That's a cold day for us because yesterday Mark and I spent the afternoon putting sun tan lotion on as we lay around the pool in 79 degree sunny weather.  We love Florida!

And finally, Evey and Eric are flying off to Australia tonight for a two week trip of a lifetime.  Tomorrow I'll post up their itinerary.  They don't really have a tomorrow!  LOL!  As she said to me, "March 7 is lost to me."  They leave tonight and arrive in Sydney, Australia Friday morning.  Good luck to them.




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your weight loss! That is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rhonda! I'm not sure why, but I'm happy that I seem to have regained some control over myself.

    ReplyDelete