Sunday, March 17, 2013

Up but unsurprised

I am up two pounds, but I'm not surprised because I really did overeat last night.  'Nuff said.

Last night's party was a lot of fun.  Our friends Jeff and Bill wanted to learn to play Mah Jongg, so neighbors Dorothy and Tom came to help out.  Mark made a great dinner, and Jeff and Bill brought four fantastic loaves of bread from Panera.  I ate way too much of all the breads, but at least I had the good sense to send the leftovers home with them.  Jeff and Bill learned the game very quickly.  We played four or five games.  Jeff won once and I won once.  The rest were wall games, no winner.  It was a wonderful evening.

It was somewhat bittersweet, too, because Tom and Dorothy are moving away to the Palm Beach area on March 28.  We will miss them very much.

Today is a special day, not only St. Patrick's Day, not only our friend Al N's birthday, but also the 20th Anniversary Celebration party for our new shul, SOJC.  We have to be at the fancy Rosen Center in Orlando at 3 p.m. for a silent auction and dinner.  It should be fun.

Meanwhile, we are having a relaxing morning. I caught up on episodes of Amazing Race and Survivor because I never get to watch them when they are on.  Mark doesn't watch them, so we watch other shows when they are really on and I catch them online when I have the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment