Monday, March 11, 2013

Never Give Up!

YES, I threw out the rest of the raisin challah yesterday morning right after I wrote the blog.  No chance of oversnacking on it again.

YES, the movie, Oz, the Great and Powerful, was a lot of fun. I would highly recommend it.

YES, the Mickey Dolenz concert at Epcot was great, but it seemed almost exactly like last year's.  That didn't stop my enjoyment of it all.  It was also fun that we were able to meet up with our friends Barb and Al and two of their other friends for some conversation after the concert.

YES, I ate my lunch at two different food kiosks at Epcot. I had the brie tart with kumquat jelly in England and the ratatouille tart in France.  The brie was a fairly generous portion of cheese cooked inside a pastry dough, sort of crescent shaped, with some jelly drizzled on the side.  It was warm and delicious.  The ratatouille was a three inch square that looked like a little pizza piece, but it was not pizza dough. It was a flaky pastry crust with a tomato, onion, green pepper, eggplant sauce on top with some chopped bits of cheese.  It was also quite tasty.  It's hard to estimate calories in things like this, but I guessed the two together couldn't be over 500 because the portions are not large.

YES, I behaved myself at breakfast and dinner and no snacking other than my nightly banana.

YES, I walked over two miles.

NO, I did not lose any weight.

AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!

YES, I am the same this morning.

Even though I denied myself all the desserts and all the yummy-sounding alcoholic foods at Epcot and ate a super small dinner and went to bed hungry, I was not rewarded with a weight loss in the morning.

YES, Sometimes I just want to stop this. I get so tired of thinking about calories all day, every day.

NO, I will not give up.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you will see a weight loss tomorrow or the next day. It sounds like you had a really excellent day of eating and exercising yesterday.

    I haven't been doing much exercising myself but hopefully I should get my lung issues treated this week at last. Once I am no longer short of breath I want to exercise much more again. Maybe we will be able to encourage each other with our exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are ON, Rhonda. You encouraged me SO much during my active BC treatment, that I owe you much more than some encouragement to exercise! Good luck with the lung issues. It does not sound like fun. Hang in there. Know that I am sending lots of prayers and positive energy your way.

    ReplyDelete