Friday, June 21, 2013

Biting off more than I can chew?

No, that title does not reflect a food item.  LOL!

Mark and I went to the NARFE Board Meeting in the Tampa area yesterday.  There were 15 people in attendance at our president's lovely home.  For lunch I ate half of a vegetarian wrap that had some cheese in it and some of the tossed salad that I brought.  That was it.  We ate dinner at home because the weather was HORRENDOUS around the time we would have gone out to The Port.  Mark grilled some wahoo with a few French Fries and green beans.  I had an excellent day, only 1330 calories, but there was absolutely no exercise, mostly due to the weather. 

No, the title is about a job I volunteered for at the meeting.

They were creating a nominating committee of three people, and after the first two volunteers, no one else was stepping up.  Yeah, I should have kept my mouth shut, but somehow my hand shot up.  Then due to the fact that I'd have no luck at all if I didn't have bad luck, I lost the drawing and got appointed as the Chairperson for the nominating committee.  I also only volunteered because all five of the positions seemed to be filled.  The president is leaving but the immediate past president said he would do it.  All the others seemed to indicate they would continue.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy! 

Hahaha!  Fate is so funny sometimes!

Right after I volunteered and became chairperson, the Exec VP and the Treasurer both indicated they might NOT continue due to family issues at home.  What?  Well, isn't that something.

So now I'm chairing a nominating committee and I might actually have to do some work!  LOL!

Oh, well...

That pesky scale is still in the bathroom, so of course it made me get on it this morning.  I was down that one pound that I gained yesterday, back to 267.5.  I am eating all my meals at home today and tomorrow, so maybe I can finally get somewhere.  Next Wednesday Lowell and Emily arrive at 4:30 for a five day visit. I never planned to diet during that time. I will be eating most meals out and want to have some fun with them.  I am counting on a lot of walking at the parks to keep the gain to a minimum. If I could drop another one or two pounds for this week's weigh-in before they land, it would help a lot.

I already did my 20 minute morning walk.  At 10:30 we will do our water aerobics. Then if the weather cooperates, we will do our weights later this afternoon. 

Here's today's meal plan:
B'fast:  Fiber one, Dannon Lite Greek yogurt, fresh blueberries  182 calories
Lunch: tuna, salad, cherries   354 calories
Dinner:  challah, wine, salad, slow cooker pepper steak, low sodium green beans  612 calories
Snack: banana, small plum, sugar free jellos  206 calories
Exercise calories burned: 453
Total calories for the day: 1354

Should be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment