Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Down and Out

This morning I am DOWN, weighing 267.6 for a weight loss this week of 2.5 pounds.  That's a good week!  I'll take it.  And the scale is OUT of the bathroom now until next Wednesday morning.

I have to stop weighing every day or even multiple times a day.  I'm not alone. I've googled it.  Many people struggling with weight do it.  There are even some articles saying it's a good thing because you can make immediate course corrections if you see it going up.  Other articles say it's a bad thing, including plans like Weight Watchers, because weight loss doesn't happen on a regular schedule and daily ups and downs are not indicative of the bigger picture.

I really believe the latter, and I drive myself crazy checking too often.  A 2.5 pound loss in one week is an excellent week, but it frustrates me knowing that I dropped five pounds by last Friday and then slowly put back half of it by this morning.  Every day, starting on Saturday morning, I was either the same or up a little.  If I didn't get on every day, I wouldn't know that!

Yesterday was especially crazy.  I was 267 first thing in the morning and also the SAME at 8 p.m. when we got home from Universal Studios.  I was thrilled because it meant staying the same all day even though we ate lunch out.  We walked 6 miles and I drank 10 glasses of water due to the heat.  I figured that it was a great day.  Then I made the mistake of getting back on the scale at 11 p.m. just before going to bed.  I was up three and a half pounds to 270.5.  What?  In three hours, I gained over three pounds?  How is that possible?  I ate an excellent, low calorie, low carb dinner that Mark prepared.  Please, REALLY?  3.5 pounds in 3 hours.   I guess I should be thrilled that I lost three of the three and a half by this morning. 

Just another reason why I needed to put that scale away this morning.  I do NOT want to know these crazy things.

Short version:  Universal Studios was GREAT! 

We have been to Islands of Adventure three times since we have moved down here, but we had not been to the original Universal Studios park in decades.  Well, everything has changed over there and in a really good way.  We liked it MUCH better than I of A.  We are even considering getting a Florida Resident Annual Pass to that park now, so we can go back whenever we want to ride some favorites over and over.  For die-hard Disney fans, this was a huge revelation to us.  We also thought the restaurant Finnegan's was fantastic, and that the actors in the shows and attractions were even BETTER than a lot of the ones we have been seeing at Disney lately.  I would not have believed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment