Sunday, June 23, 2013

Perfect Afternoon

Yesterday was a perfect afternoon.  Finally, there was NO afternoon thunderstorm.  Around 3 p.m. we went to the pool and stayed until 6.  It was so beautiful.   I even joined a table of Mah Jongg ladies!  I saw they were only three and asked if they would like a fourth.  They had an extra card, so I played four games.  The lady to my right won the first one, and then there were three wall games (no winner) in a row.  That's unusual.  After four games, I felt ready to jump in the pool to cool off.  It was just a perfect afternoon.

I also ate what I said I would with one exception.  (There always seems to be an exception!)  I skipped the banana in the evening in favor of more watermelon.  That delicious watermelon that Ken brought over is now gone! My total calories for the day were 1366 and 266 burned in exercise.  Nice I hope I'm losing, but the scale is hidden so I can't tell.  Yes, that's a good thing.

This morning Mark is trying out a new breakfast recipe called Pumpkin Ricotta Pancakes from the Diabetic Living magazine..  I think they will be fantastic.  Then we are heading to Disney's Hollywood Studios to see an extended trailer for the new Lone Ranger film.  We'll eat lunch at the Commissary.  In there we always have the Asian Salad, which is essentially greens, edamame, and some Chow Mein noodles.  You can now get it with grilled salmon, but I won't do that for lunch.  After lunch we are driving north to Maitland to see Joss Whedon's film Much Ado About Nothing.  It's only showing in a specialty type theater up there.  We really want to see it because we like everything Whedon does and it has a great cast, including Nathan Fillion (Castle!).  After we get home, Mark is trying out another new recipe for dinner, Asian Chicken Wraps, that use lettuce leaves for the wrap.  With all the walking we will do to get in and out of the Studios, my day is going to be GREAT.

Today's Meal Plan:
Breakfast: Pumpkin Ricotta Pancakes   277 calories
Lunch:  Asian Salad with Edamame  (no dressing, no salmon)   220 calories
Dinner: Chicken-Ginger Lettuce Wraps, salad, green beans    305 calories
Snack:  large banana   135 calories
Total Calories:   937
Exercise:   ??????  Just from the walking in and out of the Studios, but it could be a lot

This day's calories are SO LOW that it would be a good day to add a Mickey Ice Cream Bar as a snack before leaving Disney!  LOL!  I know they are 330 calories and a major indulgence.  We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment