Friday, June 14, 2013

Sun for me; Storms for them.

Yesterday the weather in the mid-Atlantic was very scary.  Tornadoes touched down near my old hometown of Laurel, MD.  Heavy rain and winds knocked trees and power lines down everywhere, and flash flooding affected many people between VA and CT.  Very scary.

Down here it was hot and sunny, just perfect.

I walked my 20 minutes this morning, and it was the fastest yet.  Today I walked .9 miles in 20 minutes and just last Friday I only covered .74 miles in the same time.

Mark and I also went to the water aerobics class for 45 minutes. It's a nice workout, but yesterday the sun was strong.  I got a bit red.  The class is 10:30 to 11:15 and then I paddled around and talked to people until noon.  Of course the pool doesn't want any lotion on your skin when you're in there, so I had showered first, as always, so 90 minutes in the strong sun definitely turned my shoulders, upper back, and arms pretty red.  I plan to do it again this morning, so I may ignore their signs about no lotion and put a little bit on anyway.

I ate lunch and dinner out, but I packed my lunch.  I had a salad with a can of tuna on it and a cup of fresh cherries, eaten poolside.  Dinner was at Lakeside.  The special was grilled wahoo.  We had to google to find out what that was!  It's related to mackerel and tuna, a huge, dense fish with a texture like a fresh tuna steak, but white and mild.  It was grilled to perfection.  Wahoo may very well be my new favorite fish! For my two sides I said no to the potatoes in butter sauce and chose a small side salad and creamed spinach.  I splurged with 5 ounces of white zinfandel.  My calories for the day were 1279 and 467 calories burned in exercise.

I am still getting on the scale every morning, so I was VERY HAPPY this morning!  I lost three pounds since yesterday morning, coming in at 267.1.  YAY!!  Sometimes the weight just comes off in chunks like that, so that's a good reason to check only once a week.  I hope to put the scale away and weigh only once a week, but I'm not ready to do that yet.

Now for today.  It's Shabbat tonight, which usually means extra calories because of the wine and challah. Here's today's planned menus and calories:
Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One cereal, Dannon Light Greek Yogurt, Blueberries  182 calories
Lunch: can of low sodium tuna, tossed salad, 1 1/2 cups fresh cherries  374 calories
Dinner: 2 ounces Moscato wine, 2 ounces challah, 4 ounce hamburger patty, 1 ear corn on the cob, 7 steamed asparagus spears, 2 cups tossed salad   605 calories
Snack:  Mark's Bananas Foster cup  165 calories
Total calories: 1326
Exercise calories burned: 368

Should be a good day!

I hope everyone up north is finally getting some nice weather today.

No comments:

Post a Comment