Monday, June 24, 2013

Lovely days

The special extended preview/making of film for The Lone Ranger at Disney's Hollywood Studios was fabulous. I think if we had had the time, I would have gone to see it again.  Attendance seemed light in the morning at the Studios, so it was easy just to walk in and get a seat. 

The Pumpkin Riccotta Pancakes with orange honey topping that Mark made for breakfast yesterday were spectacular.  I hope he makes them again sometime!

I screwed up my lunch at the Commissary because I forgot to say no dressing.  UGH!  Not only did I add an extra 140 calories that I didn't want to my day, but I also had to EAT salad dressing, which I HATE!  I had already made the decision to add the salmon onto the salad because I thought my calories were low enough.  I estimated it was about 5 ounces, so that was another 211 calories on the salad.  Instead of a 220 calorie lunch, I suddenly had a 571 calorie lunch. 

Even so, my final total for the day was 1432, not terrible, and I walked two miles around the Studios, burning up 191 calories.  Hopefully that was still a good day.

We loved Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing.  It was very funny!  The Enzian Theater in Maitland was a delightful surprise.  There is a restaurant open for lunch and dinner every day, and inside the theater is an extensive menu of food and drinks that can be delivered to your table while you watch the movie.  Lots of fun.  The only thing is that it's about an 80 minute drive from our house.

Today I walked at 6:30.  I went a full mile in 22 1/2 minutes, burning 85 calories.  Pretty good!  Later in the morning I will be at the pool doing some sort of water aerobics/lap swimming for at least 20 minutes.  If I can make myself do a full 40 like the class did, that would be even better. 

Breakfast and lunch will be my usuals.  Dinner is going to be at the restaurant Sweet Tomatoes over by WDW.  We are meeting friends there at 4:45 for the senior price.  Sweet Tomatoes (also called Souplantation in some places) has an excellent website with nutrition information for all of their foods.  That helped me plan what to eat and keep the total calories under 750.  Tonight I just need to be sure I execute that plan and don't pick up something extra!

Today's meal plan:
B'fast:  usual Fiber One, Lite Greek Yogurt, fresh blueberries   182 calories
Lunch: usual  tuna, salad, fresh cherries    310 calories
Dinner at Sweet Tomatoes:  4 cups green salad (88), 1/2 cup poppy seed coleslaw (120), blueberry muffin (140), 1 cup four bean Minnestrone soup (130), 1/2 cup sugar free mousse (40), 1/2 cup frozen yogurt (100)  total calories 618
Snack:  Mark's Cherry Fool  143
Total calories 1253
Exercise calories burned between 212 and 340

I could actually have a second bowl of soup or a second muffin and still not go over my 750 outside limit for dinner.  What I can't have is a lot of desserts or too many of the other yummy carbs that are on the buffet! 

Tomorrow Mark and I are heading out to Universal Studios to use our second day of the three day pass.  We are going to try to be in line before it opens to get on Despicable Me and/or Transformers first thing in the morning.  We also plan to stay until after the park closes to see the night time show over their lake.  I'm only saying this right now because there will probably be no time to write a blog tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment