Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Universal Studios

Last fall we bid on and won 2 tickets to Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure at an American Cancer Society dinner.  When we took Evey and Eric to the park to use those tickets, the tickets were rejected, so we bought tickets for them and went on it. Later,  I called the woman who was in charge of the event; she called the man who donated the tickets; and they made good on it. In fact they made it BETTER.  They mailed us two 3-Day Park Hopper tickets to both parks.  They are good for 14 days after activated and expire June 30.

So today is Day One of those three days, and next Thursday will be Day Three, with Lowell and Emily.

We have not been to the main Universal Studios park in over a decade, maybe 15 years.  NONE of the rides and attractions that we saw then are there now.  It will be like a completely new theme park.

Meanwhile, I had a perfect day yesterday. I did all the exercise and ate almost exactly what I said. I actually ate less because I only ate half the green beans (helping the sodium!) and ate a small peach instead of the Popsicles and Jello, making it 1187 calories for the day.  My sodium was the best in several days, only 2,057 mg. You'd think I'd be rewarded with dropping some weight, but NO.  That's not how my body works.  I was UP another pound today.  Yes, I can starve my body at under 2k calories and gain weight.  I ought to go into the Ripley's Believe It or Not!  Whatever.

Today we are eating lunch out at the park for sure.   If we get too tired, we might just come home early and have dinner at the house.  Probably a good idea, but after yesterday, I'm getting a bad attitude about calories.

Okay, the whine is over.  Eye on the Prize!  I want to lose weight, so I have to stick to it.  Sooner or later something will happen.

I had a goal of losing 20 pounds in 8 weeks before going to California.  Two weeks are gone as of tomorrow.  I will report that loss, and it should be a loss of one or two pounds for sure.  Then I will proceed to the next week.  That's all I can do.

I am changing one thing tomorrow.  Tomorrow morning the scale is getting put up for the week.  No more checking every day.  That was another trick that I used back in 2009, so I am going back to that.

The other small annoying thing is my Keurig machine seems to be dying.  I had my original one for three years until it died.  I replaced it about 8 months ago with this one.  Geez.  It couldn't last  a year?  And no, of course I did NOT register it or have any warranty on it.  The pump doesn't seem to work. I put water in, but only about a third of that water comes back out.  Didn't work last night.  Didn't work this morning.  I have already charged a lot this month on Father's Day presents and a splurge at All Star Sports last week, but NEXT MONTH, I'm probably buying another Keurig.  I may splurge this time and get a big one with a well of water like Cindy's.  Hers has worked for nearly three years now and it brews the coffee in only one minute instead of the three that the small ones take.

Well, time to hit the road!  Universal Studios, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment