Monday, June 10, 2013

Off to a good start this morning

I'm down another half pound.  I know my scale is not all that accurate, but I like seeing it anyway.  It was good to see a 6 in the middle of the group, 269.9.  I know that could change if I got on again, so I didn't get on again!  LOL!  (I'm so stupid sometimes.  I had to interrupt typing the blog to go shower and dress so Mark could wash the towels.  Of course, I got on the scale and it was 270.5.  I knew it.)

I swam 40 minutes yesterday in two sets, 25 and 15.  I wasn't swimming fast, but I was constantly moving.  We had a lovely day poolside because the weather was delightful.  It never rained here, or in Tampa when the game let out, so I guess we could have gone to the game.  Didn't matter.  Mark and I both agreed that we were very happy we had not spent over four hours in a car.  We spent those four hours at the pool, reading in the shade, swimming, and hot tubbing.  When we went home for lunch around 2:30, we watched the rest of the game on TV.  The Orioles won!  Nice.

I made only a few adjustments to the food I said I would eat.  Mostly in the dessert category because I hadn't realized that Mark made 8 servings of the Bananas Foster recipe.  I skipped all the evening snacks planned that came to 155 calories and substituted Mark's dessert for 165.  I also added a little Bacos to the zucchini at lunch and some Parmesan cheese to the salad at dinner.  All in all, my day's calories yesterday came to 1343 and I burned 439 in exercise. 

My LoseIt! program calculates calories burned in exercise, and I really don't believe the swimming calories.  It claims that "leisurely swimming, not laps" burns 439 calories in 40 minutes.  That really seems too much since "walking, 2 mph, very slow" for 40 minutes only burned 158, but I feel like I worked much harder walking than swimming.  Weird.

Today is a BUSY, BUSY day!  I just finished my 20 minute, 3/4 mile walk fasting.  That's supposed to get your metabolism going for the rest of the day, and it burns 80 calories.  Once I finish this blog and eat breakfast, I'll shower and dress and head up to the ballroom with Mark for a 9 a.m. lecture on hurricane preparedness.  We have attended it every year, but...be back after I shower and dress.

Okay, I'm back, all showered and dressed.  As I was saying, we have attended it every year, but it never hurts to hear it again.  At 10 we are running to the pool for a 45 minute water aerobic session, then lunch at home and Mah Jongg from 1- 4.  Then I can settle down and relax!

Mark's next two days will not be fun.  If you remember, he was having terrible gastrointestinal problems for months, so Tuesday morning he is finally having his colonoscopy and endoscopy.  Today he has a clear liquid diet and starts the prep in the afternoon.  Every time one of us has had a colonoscopy prep it's been different.  This one is the strangest of all in that he doesn't take the first dose until 5 his evening and then the second at 4 a.m.  This prep is mixed into 16 ounces of water to drink all at once and another 32 ounes of plain water over the next hour.  That's 48 ounces of water in one hour.  OUCH.  Then he has to do that AGAIN, all that liquid, starting at 4 a.m. His procedure is at 8:30, so they want him in there at 6:30.  That means we have to leave the house at 5:45.  He's very concerned that taking a second dose of the prep just an hour and a half before he has to sit in a car for 45 minutes is a BAD idea.  I hope for his sake that it works out okay, but I'm not sure I could do it.  That seems like way too much liquid to put in your stomach in one hour.  

If you've ever had a colonoscopy or similar procedure, you know that the rest of the day you feel a little tired as the anaesthesia works its way out of the system, and they tell you to take it easy.  Unfortunately, for us, tomorrow afternoon is the day our cleaning lady comes sometime between noon and 3ish.  She's usually here about 2 hours when she arrives, and she doesn't like us to be home while she's working.  We thought maybe he could lay on a chaise lounge by the pool all afternoon, but the weather is always iffy around here on summer afternoons.  So, what do two die-hard Disney fans do in this situation?  Book a room at All Star Sports!  LOL!

Yes, we are leaving the house at 5:45 a.m. Tuesday and returning Wednesday afternoon in time for the 2 p.m. Vegetarian Club at Solivita.  We joined but haven't attended any meetings yet.  Should be fun.

I'm not going to take my computer, so there will be no blog tomorrow morning or Wednesday morning.  Stay tuned for Thursday's blog.  For those on Facebook, I will be posting updates on there.

As for food, I'm a bit worried.  I've had three perfect days, and today will be the fourth.  Then I've put myself in a situation where I don't usually do too well, eating out.  We will eat lunch, dinner, and breakfast at the food court at All Star Sports.  It's entirely possible to eat well in that food court, but the question is will I?  I'll let you know on Thursday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment