Monday, June 17, 2013

We did it ALL!









Everything that I outlined yesterday came to pass exactly as planned!  It was a GREAT day for Mark.  And we even added one more fun thing.  Instead of driving from Downtown Disney to Epcot to Port Orleans Riverside, we took buses to Epcot and Port Orleans and then the BOAT down the Sassagoula River to the Disney Marketplace at night.  It was so beautiful to ride that boat at night and get a beautiful view of all of Downtown Disney as we entered the lake.  We can also see the Treehouse Villas on the left as you go down the river.  When we did that years and years ago, we were so thrilled with those Treehouses that we stayed in one the following year with Grandma B.  Good memories.

Mark was a little concerned about his sugar levels after eating about 2 cups of jambalaya, some corn bread, some grit cake, some no sugar added lemon pound cake, and some wine as part of dinner.  No worries.  When he checked it later at home, it was just right!  Must have been the size of the portions, the large amount of walking, and the shot of whiskey!

When we got home at 11 p.m., he opened his presents.  I had bought him two pieces of new Disney luggage at World of Disney earlier in the day.  At home, he got two bags of 100% Kona coffee from Starbucks Limited Reserve, also from me.  The kids chipped in together and bought him a magnificent Hamilton Beach 6 qt. programmable slow cooker AND an extra LINER so he can do meat and dairy!  He has really been wanting this for awhile because he has a lot of recipes he couldn't do. 

As for me, I ate what I said I would except that it's really hard to estimate things like the grit cake (couldn't find any calorie count for that) or the exact jambalaya or veggie chili recipe.  Very hard.  I guessed most things.  Then I had some corn bread and some of Mark's pound cake.  So my total calories yesterday rose to 1579 for my best guess using the app.  On the other hand, I used the RunKeeper program several times during the day and found that we walked well over 3 miles, burning 463 calories.  That means my LoseIt! app thinks that I only ate 1116 calories.  Right now this program allows me to have 1549 a day, so according to the app, I did very well.  I never go for that high an amount, but theoretically I could and still lose 2 pounds per week.

The sodium content yesterday was even worse than the day before.  Of course, it's based on the estimates and choices I made for those restaurant foods.  According to the app, I had 5,050 mg of sodium.  Just crazy!  Restaurant foods are SO high!

Bottom line for me is that I'm essentially the same this morning.  I had  hoped all that walking would counteract the calories, but now I'll blame the sodium for everything! LOL!

Today is all at home and all normal.  I went out to walk at 6:30 and completed .88 mile in 20 and 1/2 minutes, burning 77 calories.  At 10:30 I will do the 45 minute water aerobics class and then around 4:30 we will go to the gym for our weigh routines.  I also get to play Mah Jongg at 1 p.m.  Nice.

So here's today's food plan:
B'fast:  Fiber One, yogurt, blueberries   182 calories
Lunch: tuna, salad, cherries       354 calories
Dinner: salad with Parmesan cheese and Bacos, green beans, fish tacos  535 calories
Snacks: banana, SF jello, SF Popsicles     155 calories
Total calories: 1226
Exercise calories burned: 429
Sodium: 2,927  Not great, but getting better.  As soon as I buy low sodium green beans, it will improve because they are 1560 of that total.  Crazy. I have to get Mark to buy the low sodium ones from now on and add some Mrs. Dash to flavor them.  Shopping day is Thursday!




No comments:

Post a Comment