Saturday, June 8, 2013

One Good Day

Yesterday was a good day for many reasons.  I did all the things I said I would do in terms of food and exercise and was rewarded with a five pound drop in weight.  I know it's water, but it looks nice on the scale anyway.  It was also a good day because it was just SO NICE to be home and see people from here and just enjoy Florida. 

I started a new weekday morning routine yesterday, and I liked it.  I set the alarm for 6:10 a.m., snoozed once, and got up at 6:20.  By 6:35 I was out the door, with my RunKeeper and Pandora going on the phone. I walked 3/4 of a mile in 20 minutes, which is a horrible rate, but I was proud of myself for doing it.  When I returned, I had a few cups of coffee, ate my 3 links, played on Facebook, wrote yesterday's blog, all while watching Good Morning America on TV.  Around 8 I sat on the lanai for awhile because it was just so darn pleasant.  Mark had the iPad set up to play Good Morning America out there. I sipped a third cup of coffee, just enjoying the beauty of our back yard.  At 8:30 I went in and showered and dressed.  9 a.m. is time for the yogurt and Live with Kelly and Michael on TV.  We usually only watch the first 20 minutes. 

That means that by 9:20 or so, I'm ready to do anything else for the day that I like.  This time, at 9:30 I headed out to the salon for a pedicure and a haircut.  Mark had a haircut scheduled there in the middle of my appointment.  We finished up together and had lunch at the bar, where I was a very good girl, eating the grilled chicken on greens salad that I had planned to have.  The rest of the afternoon was spent around the pool in pleasant conversations and swimming.  Later we did some errands at the bank and grocery store and before going home.  Mark made an excellent dinner, TV time, then bed.  Beautiful day!

Now for the food diary.  I ate almost exactly what I planned yesterday.  I ate one ounce more of the challah with some margarine, forgot to eat the blueberries and popsicles, and underestimated the calories in the main dinner dish.  According to the LoseIt! app, I consumed 1419 calories and burned up 298 calories in walking and swimming.  That's a good day.  One day at a time, right? 

Today is Saturday. I'm not going to set the alarm on the weekends because I want my morning walking routine to be for the weekdays only.  I'm going to try to make the weekends a little different from the weekdays.  So I woke up naturally at 7:15, not bad. 

We will go to shul this morning, and there's a Bat Mitzvah today.  That's always a big trigger for food because there will be a sit down buffet luncheon.  A few months ago, we just left after services and did not stay for the lunch.  That's going to be our plan for today as well. It would be nice if I could control my eating at places like that.  Maybe someday I'll learn how to do it, but right now I have proven over and over that I can NOT do it.  Since I'm still at the early stages of this round of weight loss, I think it's best to walk away and go home for lunch.  If the weather stays nice, we might go to the pool later, and we are definitely going to the gym to do our weight routines.  The rest of the evening will be for TV.

So here's today's meal plan:
Bfast: same as always, 3 links and a yogurt (200 calories0
Lunch: baby carrots, string beans, can of tuna (240 calories)
Snack: blueberries (50 calories)
Dinner: veggie burger on 100 calorie flat bun, slice of fat free cheese, salad (275 calories)
Snack: banana, low cal ice cream, SF popsicles (310 calories)
Total estimate is 1.075. 

I'll report tomorrow how close I came on this.  I will do my 15 weight routine and hopefully either walk or swim in the afternoon if the weather is good.

One Good Day at a Time!


No comments:

Post a Comment